Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am afraid of eating

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

So, 2 nights I made the awful decision of eating waffles with canned cherries less than 2 hours after eating shrimp lo mein...  Yesterday I had pizza, then at almost 11 at night I thought it would be a good idea to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and 2 sunny-side-up eggs...  I was so wrong, I felt sick all night and my stomach still hurts a little...  It is 1:36 pm and I only had one glass of water today, I am just afraid to eat anything and be in pain again...  Any suggestions of anything light I could eat that wont make me sick?  I was thinking of a Lipton chicken noodle soup but even the thought of it makes me nauseous...  I can even say that I'm not even hungry, but I am getting a headache and I know its because I havent had anything to eat yet...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dozerfamily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Toast, rice, or applesauce?

trishasjunebug
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I was sick throughout my whole pregnancy with Kyle. I ate chicken soup, teddy grahams or crackers with peanut butter for snacks, fruit cups, yogurts, fresh fruit and veggies. I'd snack all day in light, little, frequent meals. Just eat small and frequent.

preview image

mrspie0905
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

You should test your stomach with some crackers or toast.  Don't use any jelly but maybe some butter on the toast.  If you keep it down, it should help with the nausea. 

Just try to eat .  Your baby will tak all your nutrients so it's up to you to replace them quickly

Believe me!  It was near impossible to eat with twins. Constant kicking of my stomach and some food just didn't sit well.   You'll find what works for you but it may just take some time.

Also I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me!  If you stil have nausea, get a lemon cut it up  and sniff it. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

waffles

canned cherries

shrimp lo mein

pizza

grilled cheese sandwich

sunny-side-up eggs

I only had one glass of water today

in pain again...

Lipton chicken noodle soup

I havent had anything to eat yet...

My opinion is that you could use a big overhaul here, lol.

These choices are not all that healthy--  it looks like a lot of processed, high-fat, greasy foods.    NOT enough water, fresh veggies, etc.

You have plenty of room to make some better choices:  to start, choose things that are as close to their original form as possible.   This can be raw fruits & veggies, nuts, seeds...  If you want something cooked, choose to either make it from scratch or limit the ingredients to just 3, 4, 5 things maybe.  

And drink a LOT of water--

Good luck!!

How DARE Mother Nature question SCIENCE! ~Mike Tymeson

The impossible is often the untried. ~Jim Goodwin

Women's bodies have their own wisdom, and a system of birth refined over 100,000 generations is not so easily overpowered. ~Sarah Buckley

miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM

All the things that you have been eating have been really fat laden, sugary or heavy on the stomach which could be why it's making you sick. I KNOW your having those strong strong cravings for stuff like that right now but try to avoid them and eat them only in moderation because as you know it can make you sick.

Try some toast and a cup of caffeine free tea first to see how you do. Keep trying small stuff and progress to things like grilled chicken, salad, soup, etc. Then once your back on a normal diet watch the fattening, sugary stuff and keep the TUMS handy!! LOL

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Breastfeeding is the most natural and loving gift you can give your baby and yourself!

Resheda Hagen-Founder Lansinoh Labortories

owner-Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons)

trishasjunebug
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Here's some ideas.

Breakfasts - a bagel with cream cheese (I always ate half of a bagel with flavored cream cheese). And with your bagel have some fresh fruit or a cup of yogurt. Sometimes I'd eat a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice. I'd nomally eat breakfast around 8am.

At about 10 I'd have a little snack.I'd choose from crackers with peanut butter, fresh fruit or veggies, some graham crackers, yogurt, apple sauce.

At about noon I'd have lunch. Nomally a little sandwhich with a glass of milk.

At about 2pm or 3pm I'd snack again.

At about 5 or 6pm it was dinner. I loved baked chicken with some pasta, just little light dinners. I also LOVED chicken salads. Nothing really heavy and nothing that would make me feel severely bloated.

Then before I went to bed at around 8pm if I was hungry I'd have a little snack.

Try to stay away from grease, and junk food. I'd get so sick just eating chips lol.   

preview image

Aislinn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Stick with the BRAT diet, Mama. Banana, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast. You will be back to normal in no time! Good luck and feel better, soon!

miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Oh and if your having trouble getting your water in try adding a slice of citrus to your water. My best friend's mom told me about this when I was pregnant with my first daughter and it was a COMPLETE life saver for me. I had morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy and that's the ONLY thing that helped.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Breastfeeding is the most natural and loving gift you can give your baby and yourself!

Resheda Hagen-Founder Lansinoh Labortories

owner-Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons)

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Thank you guys...  I dont have morning sickness anymore thank God...  Its just that the awful choices I made the past 2 nights for snacking (u know, those sudden cravings u cant resist) were not the best and they made me really sick...  I'm still sick from last night and just the thought of food makes my stomach go all weird and I get nauseous...  I'm gonna make me a lettuce and tomato salad and see how I can hold that...  I really dont feel like eating bread and I usually dont buy crackers...

doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM

You can go slow~   just two bites and come back to it an hour later, if you like.   Foolow your instincts.   The tomato might be upsetting, highly acidic and all.

Good luck!

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

Thank you guys...  I dont have morning sickness anymore thank God...  Its just that the awful choices I made the past 2 nights for snacking (u know, those sudden cravings u cant resist) were not the best and they made me really sick...  I'm still sick from last night and just the thought of food makes my stomach go all weird and I get nauseous...  I'm gonna make me a lettuce and tomato salad and see how I can hold that...  I really dont feel like eating bread and I usually dont buy crackers...

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works--"       ~obama

Ask this of our maternity care system, as well.

"I am a lefty, get used to it"      ~obama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)