• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glass bottles or plastic bottles?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I went to Babies r Us the other day and I noticed that Dr Brown's bottles come in glass now and so do these others called Born Free. I kinda liked them. Have any of you used either of these or will you be trying either of them? I always used Avent but I liked the idea of glass for this time around.

I LOVE MY BOYS!!
Gavin Issac~07-06-05 & Brody Landon~10-24-07twin boys
Baby #3 EDD June 19th 2009stork
Mom to 2 angels~12-2006 & 5-2008

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kaysha
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM

personally, I am going to stick with plastic bottles again. The idea of a glass bottle scares me.

MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I wouldn't use glass, but that's just me.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I will be breastfeeding but I will use the Breast Flow BPA free bottle for when I go to school and stuff.

I was planning to use glass until First Years went BPA free and since I LOVE those bottles SO  much and they worked GREAT with my first breastfed baby I plan to use them again.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Breastfeeding is the most natural and loving gift you can give your baby and yourself!

Resheda Hagen-Founder Lansinoh Labortories

owner-Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons)

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I agree with the PP, I stick to plastic...  Glass usually breaks easily and its a safety hazard...  Or if you're like me and use a dish washer they might break (like most of my glasses had already) then you will run out of bottles without even noticing...

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I wanted to but I couldn't find them  any where.

They aren't made so they will break when dropped and  such, that stuff is considered.

I do however  use Dr. Brown, and  love them. I recently found  the glass ones too but my son is already off the bottle...

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I did want to add that my best friend was terrified of glass bottles but decided to try them anyway since she realized that she wanted her baby to always be held while feeding since that's what she felt he could be comfortable with and what he was used to from BF.

She made it clear to the care givers that they were to hold him. They did and she's never had an issue.

So if you want to use glass bottles I would go for it as long as your child is always going to be supervised and held which is the safest thing anyway.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Breastfeeding is the most natural and loving gift you can give your baby and yourself!

Resheda Hagen-Founder Lansinoh Labortories

owner-Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons)

mommyny6
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

me to...

Quoting kaysha:

personally, I am going to stick with plastic bottles again. The idea of a glass bottle scares me.

kaykaylove
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Id use the Dr Brown BPA ones..thats what we are using for when I pump.. I plan on BF mainly but do plan on pumping as well .....Glass scares me if I drop it ir it cracks ans a peice gets in there..No thanks....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)