• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to hear your birth story!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

I want to hear your birth story... I am starting to get antsy about the birth of my son. I need to remember that this ends eventually... So lets hear about the end of your pregnancy...

- Chantel

Mom to a Jaidyn a 5 year princess and a prince on the way!

Expecting a baby Boy named Gerald!

Due March 2, 2009 but inducing Feb 26!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheeres
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM

bump.

- Chantel

AshleyOlson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

i started having some "period like cramps" around 3:00 pm on thursday. i didn't think much of them at first. i figured they were just braxton hicks or early labor. the ctx kept coming every 15 minutes or so but they didn't hurt so i just ignored them. around 9 pm i decided to try and go to bed and sleep through them. well that didn't go according to plan. haha. around 12 they started hurting more. i called my mom and talked to her about some of them to see what she thought. (she is a nurse in l&d) when i layed down they were coming every 5 minutes for 30 seconds and when i got up they would come every 2 minutes for 20 seconds. i called my midwife at 3:00 am and she told me to call her back when they were coming every 5 minutes and one minute long. my little sister, who was staying with me, talked to my  mom at 5 am and told her that she should come over now. i guess she was scared of me. haha. when i would have a ctx she would try to talk to me and i kept telling her not to touch me or talk to me. that was when she decided i might not be ok. haha. mom got to the house and checked my cervix. at this point they were coming every 2 minutes for 30 seconds. i was already dialated to a 5 so we packed up and left for the birthing center. i was completely delerious at this point from lack of sleep. i labored in the tub for a while, on the birthing ball and hovering over the toilet. (the squating position helps widen your pelvis and bring the baby down) it was all pretty doable and i really didnt start complaining about the pain until the last hour. i guess it was a good thing that i was not there mentally. i got in the bed and started pushing and OUT she came. after 12 hours of labor i delivered my 9 lb 4 oz baby girl COMPLETELY NATURAL. totally worth every minute. i could't ask for a better FIRST birth story.

nily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

At my 33weeks of pregnancy with my son I was going to pick up my daughter at her school that's not far away from my home so I decide to walk. I dint saw a bump on the side walk and I fell landing on my very preggo belly. The pain was horrible and I was so scared. A few teenagers that were walking not far from were I fell saw me and they run to my neighbor's house while others say with me and call 911 I couldn't walk because I couldn't felt my legs. My neighbor came with a blanket and she call my husband while I was laying on the sidewalk waiting for the ambulance to come. My husband came first than the damn ambulance and a few seconds later the ambulance were there They took mt to the hospital were they made me several test and sonograms. I recover the sensation of my legs and they send me home. 2 days later I was leaking so my SIL took me to the doc office he made me a test with a string that the fluid paint color blue which it meant it was amniotic fluid. He gave me a few pills and send me home to rest but instead I went dinner with my hubby and he's family. In the restaurant I was having strong contractions and they rush me to the hospital. They gave me steroids and put me on Mercury of Sulfate to stop labor. I spend a week on the hospital. Then they send me home were I got more contraction again so I got back to the hospital. They try to put me on the sulfate but after a few days it wasnt working on my body I was having contractions and in really bad pain.My doc decide to let me have my baby I suffer a lot they decide not to put me on pain med because it had a bad effect with the med they gave me. So there I was 35 weeks and in bad labor when suddenly I got an hemorrhage and they rush me to OR to make me an emergency C-section I was dying and so my baby, They suspected that I was having a placenta abruption and when they open my belly they knew they were right. The placenta was decomposing and separated from the side that hit the floor when I felt on the sidewalk. My baby weight 5  lbs and 10 onz measure 19 inches. He couldn't breath by he's own so they quickly show him to me and took him to the NICU. He's cry was so weak. As for me I had problems also with my bladder that got stick to my uterus so the operate it too. When my hubby saw our child the doc explain that both of us were very sick and he had a break down there. He was screaming and crying. I saw him when I put me on my room after intensive care. The NICU docs told me that my son needed a breathing machine and they had to take him to another hospital. I cry but I knew it was for he own good. They release me 3 days later I went to see my son and he was much better 4 days later we got to take him home with us, which it was the best day of my life. We are both fine now and healthy.

NOW!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Mine is really long - so here's a link to it: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/638778/3_week_leave_of_absense_and_finally_a_baby_to_show_for_it

And a few pics of her @ birth!

And now @13 mos.

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

carliemarie1015
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I had been having just some light tightening contractions for the past few days, nothing too regular or slightly painful. Well...my labor officially started around midnight on November 19th. I was laying in bed with my fiance and felt this 'pop pop' in my tummy...and thought...hmm that didn't feel like a kick, I wonder if my water just broke? When my contractions first started at midnight (noticable ones, after I felt the pop pop) they were right off the bat slightly uncomfortable (nothing I couldn't handle, just had to concentrate a little bit) and were already 4-6 minutes apart. My water started leaking around 12:30am and so we knew that it was going to happen! But we still weren't in a hurry. We called my Mom about 12:50am or so and she hurried over and didn't think we should waste any time getting to the hospital. By the time we left for the hospital the contractions weren't any more than a couple minutes apart and were getting pretty painful. When we got to the hospital I checked in and had to just sign a few things before they admitted me to my labor room at about 1:30am. (I'd been in labor for about an hour and a half) I quickly changed and got into bed and my nurse monitored us for awhile. The contractions were getting pretty bad by this point and laboring laying down like that in the bed, was awful! So I had her check me and I was already a good 7cm! I was shocked! but also relieved that we were so far along already!

After that I decided I wanted to try the birthing ball at about 2:00am or so, while my Mom and Jon took turns massaging my back for me, I had horrible back labor! After about an hour and a half or so of that they were getting really bad and I told my nurse I wanted her to check me again. So she said after my next contraction we would go to bathroom so I could potty and then she would check me. While I was on the toilet (tmi, lol) I had a horrid contraction and had an unbelievable urge to push! After I got back to my bed the contractions were almost unbearable, and I felt like I wasn't getting any rest! She checked me and I was already a 9 1/2 - 9 3/4cm! I was soooo relieved! After another 4 mins or so I was a full 10. My nurse was SO surprised at how fast I dilated! By this time it seemed like the contractions were coming about every 30-45 seconds and unbelievably painful. She preped herself and told me that on my next contraction I could start pushing!! WHAT a relief! After about 10 mins of pushing she told me stop, [yes! she told me to stop pushing! lol] So I did my best to not push and breathe through the contractions, even though my body naturally pushed a little. My Dr. wasn't in the room yet for one, and secondly she said this would really help to stretch me out. Dr. Davis finally came in a few minutes later or so, and asked if he had time to dress, and the nurse said "NOPE!" lol, so he put his scrub things on and told me that I could start pushing again. Pushing isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as the labor! And not having any medications or anything, my body naturally guided me in the right way to push, it was amazing to me! Everything just came so naturally to me! I pushed for about another 10 minutes or so before Jaxon's head finaly popped out and he was born at 3:52am! & I felt absolutely fantastic! [YES! my labor only lasted just under 4hrs!] That was definately the biggest RELIEF of my life! lol. The very end where his head was crowning and then coming out was pretty uncomfortable. BUT overall, I had an awesome labor! It was definately rough and very painful...but I wouldn't have had it any other way! It came SOO naturally to me! I felt amazing afterwards! And VERY strong and proud that I did it completely natrual! Jaxon was definately worth it all!

He ended up weighing 7lbs 14ozs, and he was 19 1/2 inches long

Now he's about 9 1/2 wks old! He's 12lbs 8ozs & 24 3/4in as of his 2month checkup last Monday!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Awwww, too cute, and my story is so much like that one too.

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

cheeres
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM

These stories are great!

- Chantel

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Mine not be as good and well as the others but it wasn't that bad.I was on bedrest from 30 weeks because of PIH and toxemia and I was monitored a lot.Well to start off on a Monday morning I woke up like at 6 in the morning with a really bad pain at the top of my stomach and I did know what it was but I was suatting and bouncing till about 8 and it went away.I went to sleep and resumed my day.The next morning same thing happend but till 11.I took tylenol to help ease the pain and I called my doctors and they made me come in.They did an NST and I was fine by then and went home.It came back again later that night and I thought the whole time this was labor.Well I took tylenol again and everytime it wore off I had to take more to help me sleep.The next day on wednesday it came again but during the day I ignored it because I could walk around and everything was fine.At night I took tylenoil to help me.Thursday came and it ot bad.The pain was horrible and I didn't want to go to the hospital because when I would take tylenol it would go away and finally tylenol wasn't helping so my managers wife from where me and my fiance work took me to the hospital at 1 in the morning and the nusre asked me if I had any complications this pregnancy.I told her I had PIH and toxemia and she checked my blood pressure and it was 180/100 and they told me I had to deliver the baby.So I called my mom till like 5 in the morning when she fianlly answered and I told her and she came to the hospital.They put me on magnesium sulfate which lowers your blood pressure and is also used for stopping pre-term labor.Well I was on that and pitocin and was confinded to my bad but I listened to music and talked and everything was fine.They broke my water in hopes to speed things up and when they checked me at 9 they said I was only a 4.They said they would wait 2 hours and check me again and I was still a 4 so I had the epidural and they wheeled me into the OR and I had a c-section.I was so mad because I didn't want either one and had both.I hate the epidural still but the c-section was actually beter than I thought.My son was born thursday April 11,2008 at 11:58 p.m. and was a healthy 5 pounds 3 ounces.I can't wait to have this baby now!!

Oh and when they pulled him out they asked me if I wanted to see him and I said yes and I saw his leg only and then I was out cold.That magnesium makes you really sleepy!

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Ok my son was due on November 21st. Well I started having contractions on the 12th so me and my husband drove to the hospital and they told me I was 3cm and 80% effaced and that they would keep me for an hour to see if I progressed any, after and hour I was still the same so we left. Then on the 14th I was having them so bad I was in tears so we went back and we were told the same thing and sent home. So we left.

Then I had a dr's appointment on the 20th and he checked my cervix and told me I was still only 3cm and now 90%effaced. Well I was pretty upset by this so I cried because I had been in pain for over a week and to top off the contraction pain I was feeling I had this horrible pain in my back right around where my kidney is. I didn't think much of the back pain tho because I have had kidney stones before and they pretty much pass in a day or two...so I wasn't worried. Well me and hubby left the doctors office and went home. Well, when we got here I laid on a heating pad and took a two hour nap and then woke up and decided that a hot bath might help the back pain since the heating pad had helped enough for me to get two hours sleep. Well it didn't help so I got out and when I was going to the bathroom it felt like someone had punched me in the kidney, so I called the doctors after hours number and the guy who answered the phone said that he could hear the pain in my voice ( I think it freaked him out a bit) and that if I didn't hear from a dr in 15 min to call back. Well in about 5 min. the on call dr called me back and said that since I was pregnant I needed to go into the hospital because instead of stones it could be an infection. Well, by this time it is after midnight so me and a very tired hubby go to the hospital and they check me and tell me I am at 7cm!!!!Yay!!! So they admit me.

Well I had never had the Strep B done so they gave me antibiotics anyways btw they burn going in, but ice helps. And then I got my epidural, and I threw up while getting it because I had to get it twice because the first epi catheter had a kink in it and I wasn't getting the medicine. Well, then after I got it I was dozing in and out as was hubby. Well at 9cm I stalled out and they broke my water to keep me going and then at about 5am I started to push, well I was very tired and pretty sick of throwing up, by then I think it was 3 times, so I told the nurse that I was too tired to push anymore and that I wanted to take a nap. Well she let me rest for an hour and then we pushed together for another hour and then she had to leave so I got about 30 more min rest and the new nurse came on. Well then she and I pushed together and I even pushed when she left the room if I was having a contraction. Well after pushing for 4 hours straight my little man was born at 10:02am. He weighed 7lbs 3oz. and he was 20.75 in long and his head was 13.25 in around.

I did not have an episiotomy which i didn't want. I did tear a small amount tho, they gave me 3 stitches, which wasn't too bad I don't think, lol. And I got hold my beautiful baby boy right away because they said there was nothing wrong with him. I cried immeadiatly after he was born mostly because I was tired and sooo happy that he was crying loudly. That made me very happy. I was so happy that he was finally here. Hubby almost cried too, which was amazing in all the time we have been together I have never seen him cry.

We named the baby Austin Charles Jr. after his daddy and he looks just like him I think, lol. Here is a pic of the two of them together.

P.S. I had him on my due date!! Wierd Huh???

cadlecr4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

With my first one it was all back labor. Had contractions for a few hours so I went to the hospital and i was 8cm. Got a pain shot and two hours later I started pushing. I pushed for 3 hours. They ended up putting a vacuum on my daughters head to help pull her out. After another 30 mins of pushing we heard a loud pop and she flew out onto the table. The doctor missed her.  Not knowing at the time she had broke my tail bone. She ended up having nerve damage in her sholder.  My second wwas a little easier no vac. was used and i only pushed for 45 mins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)