Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nursing bras???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

do you really need them????????? i started packing my hospital bag and the list saids nursing bras and were really tight on money right now.. same with nursing pads do you really need them???

pregnancy due date
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Nursing pads are a good idea, or thin pads for your period and use those as nursing pads.

I'm not buying a nursing bra right now even though I'm planning on breastfeeding, just bring a sports bra or 2. if you don't have sports bras either buy some cheap ones from target or walmart OR if you have sports tanks that have the tight sports bra sorta thing built in. Just something to be comfy in and give you support.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Yes nursing pads you will need if you are breastfeeding because you will leak a lot usuall. As far as the bra you can use a sports bra if money is tight I used them to sleep in anyway and they are still easy to move to the side. Regular bra's just don't give you much give to pull to one side or up or down. You can also get free breast pads that are cloth so they are reusable from some of the hospitals and on some web sites.

jridgill
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I have never needed nursing pads because I never leaked. I have 1 nursing bra that I got from www.walmart.com for $6. I wear that if I leave the house. When I am home I wear tanks.

allensavannahs
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

nursing pads I think are a must or panti liners the adhesive works really well....

the nursing bra ... this is my first time having one and I think it will be MUCH better. but im REALLY large chested,  so those tanks with the "built in bra" LOL what a joke!

I am uncomfortable going braless. I think button up shirts are uncomfortable when your not in the "office"

so for me I think they will be a necessity, I have one I'm hoping to buy at least 2 more

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

psychic test results

purpleducky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

The pads kinda are a must unless you don't mind wearing a wet bra. As for the nursing bras, I have never owned one. I just wear regular bras or sport bras.

Maranatha -

Wife to Donald; Mommy to Haidn 06/15/06 & Kaelen: 01/11/09

Nichol81
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I produce alot of milk so nursing pads are not an option they are a must.  Whenever my milk lets down the side she is not eating from gets soaked LOL!  I live in nursing bras or nursing tanks.  Even at night I wear them. I think it is preference. You can get at least one from Walmart or Target. They are fairly inexpensive.  Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)