Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implantation bleeding and testing

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've never had this problem, as my pregnancy tests all showed up positive the first time I tested, but a friend of mine suspects she may be pregnant, tested yesterday (8 days past unprotected sex) and got a negative, and thought she got her period today-- but it's much lighter than normal, so she thinks it might be implantation bleeding. Does anyone know if a pregnancy test is accurate before, during, or only after implantation occurs?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM

i do not know, but if she took the test to earily then it would have been negative.  bleeding is common in pregnancy so i hear, so maybe she should test again in a week or so.

Mandi
Angi1234
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I would have her test again in a few days.  The HCG could just be really low right now and not detectable.  It starts to produce after implantation happens.  Implantation usually happens 7-10 days after conception.

fallenangel8508
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

It takes at least two weeks after sex to show up positive on a urine test. Sometimes longer depending.

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Its possible

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM

a urine test ur supposed to wait about 2 weeks after sex to get an accurate result, 8 days is too early. she could still be preggo, and it very well could be implantaion bleeding. if her bleeding is not like what she is used to then i say she should retest in a week. or she could go get a blood test done.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
TrezsMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Don't know about before the implantation bleeding? That sounds really early. i would think that it would have to be at least a few weeks afterward. I tested positive with this pregnancy at two and a half weeks but it was very light and we mistook it for a negative. But by five weeks, we had a clear positive.

And I also got implantation bleeding with this pregnancy, not my first. It is very light althoug it feels pretty much like a period. Cramping and bloating but it also feels different. Its also a shorter time period than a normal period. Comes at the same time your expected period would.

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM

it takes about 2 weeks after sex to show up..and it will show up after implantation bleeding..i took my test this past sunday it was 13 days after sex and i got a BFP but it was really light...so thats why its best to wait at least 2 weeks after sex..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)