Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about my due date and how far along i am

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

*first of all please no bashing about how soon it is*

I just had a baby 3 months ago and i got a BFP this past sunday..i never got my period back after having my baby 3 months ago..so i cant go by my last period to see when im due and how far along i am..so how will the dr be able to tell me??? will he probably have to do an ultra sound?? anyone else have this happen??? also i am confused, i thought that u ovulate after ur period, so if i didnt have a period then how could i be pregnant if i didnt ovulate since ovulation happens after your period?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
worwalkerlds
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
You ovulate before your period. An egg is released, and travels into your uterus where it is either fertilized or not. If it is, it attached to the lining of you uterus, if not the lining and the egg are expelled, which is you period...
guera7304
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Your going to have to go to the doctor. It could be that the hormones are so high after having a baby that its easy to get pregnant. Your doctor will have to do an u/s to get an actual due date.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM

You can still ovulate without a period.Women that BF who don't get their periods back for a while can still get pregnant without a period.I'm not sure how it works but it does.As far as how far along you are I think you should consider it about 3-5 weeks.Your doctor will mor than likely do a U/S when you go in for your fist appt because you didn't ever have a period and you could be further along than you think.This aslo has never happend to me but congrats though!!

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM

oh yeah duh that makes sense..lol..thanks

Quoting worwalkerlds:

You ovulate before your period. An egg is released, and travels into your uterus where it is either fertilized or not. If it is, it attached to the lining of you uterus, if not the lining and the egg are expelled, which is you period...

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM

thank you ladies..i actually have my first appt. tomorrow at 1030 am

pd4now82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Yep, doctor will do an ultrasound and based off the size of the baby will give an estimated due date.  My cycle has always been irregular, and so it's hard for me to tell exactly when my "missed period" would have been....and both pregnacies had due dates predicted based on babies size though ultrasound.

BTW, after having a baby, you won't get your period back immediately - it could hold off as long as four to six weeks after stopping breastfeeding, but you can get pregnant again at any time regardless.  Strange how your body works that way.....  and the really weird thing...you can have different period schedule after a baby than you had since you first got it as a teen.   I was hoping mine might get more regular after dd, but nope....*sigh* oh well....

Not bashing you....just wanted to share.  I was all like "Really??!!??' and "Yeah, sure...whatever." when I heard this from someone else, but it's true.   The doula teaching the LaMaze class I went to is who I heard that information from.

GL!

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I got pregnant with Molly when Liam was 9-10 weeks old so no bashing here!!!! (just lots of prayers for your sanity because whatever little you have after just having a baby will be GONE when you have TWO under the age of one!!!!)

I was told, though, when I got the BFP that it could be hormones left in the body from the previous pregnancy and not to count on being pregnant until the U/S confirmed everything...

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM

yeah i knew it could hold of for awhile but Mason is 3 months old and i still never got my period and i never breastfed him..well now of course i dont have it cause im pregnant but when he was like 2 months i still dint get it and was confused cause after all my other children i got it back at like 5 weeks

Quoting pd4now82:

Yep, doctor will do an ultrasound and based off the size of the baby will give an estimated due date.  My cycle has always been irregular, and so it's hard for me to tell exactly when my "missed period" would have been....and both pregnacies had due dates predicted based on babies size though ultrasound.

BTW, after having a baby, you won't get your period back immediately - it could hold off as long as four to six weeks after stopping breastfeeding, but you can get pregnant again at any time regardless.  Strange how your body works that way.....  and the really weird thing...you can have different period schedule after a baby than you had since you first got it as a teen.   I was hoping mine might get more regular after dd, but nope....*sigh* oh well....

Not bashing you....just wanted to share.  I was all like "Really??!!??' and "Yeah, sure...whatever." when I heard this from someone else, but it's true.   The doula teaching the LaMaze class I went to is who I heard that information from.

GL!

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM

well actually i have been taking hpt's since Mason was 1 1/2 months old..like every week to 2 weeks and they were all negative until the test i just took this past sunday...and yes i know what u mean about my sanity..plus this baby will be #7..

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

I got pregnant with Molly when Liam was 9-10 weeks old so no bashing here!!!! (just lots of prayers for your sanity because whatever little you have after just having a baby will be GONE when you have TWO under the age of one!!!!)

I was told, though, when I got the BFP that it could be hormones left in the body from the previous pregnancy and not to count on being pregnant until the U/S confirmed everything...

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Ovulation happens before your period.

Your dr will have to do a sonogram, but its important you call them ASAP and tell them because the sooner they do it the more accurate the due date will be.

Good luck! And prepare to have EVERYONE tell you how full your hands are going to be (Mine are going to be about 14 mos apart)

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)