• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My trip to L&D

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

I thought I was leaking water this morning so I call my doc and she says to go in and get checked. I get all nervous and excited that this might actually be happening! We arrive and they do the swab test to see if it is amniotic fluid...I am having contractions 5-6 minutes apart. I am still dialated to a 3 and about 60% effaced with baby @ -1 station. Well, my test comes back negative and they say I have a slight UTI which might be causing the contractions. Ugggghhhhh.....what a let down. I was glad because I am only 37 weeks but also I had mentally prepared myself for this baby to be coming. So they sent me home with a script for the UTI and told me to come back if my contractions get more intense. I am just so frustrated! Have any of you had this happen???

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cheeres
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I am glad you are progressing! Sorry about the UTI, i haven't had one before my daughter has had several and I know they can be painful. I wish you the best of luck.

- Chantel

Mom to a Jaidyn a 5 year princess and a prince on the way!

Expecting a baby Boy named Gerald!

Due March 2, 2009 but inducing Feb 26!

mamamia23493
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Glad all turned out to be ok sorry bout the UTI i hate em...have your contractions stopped??

blondebabygherl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

yep. i had the same thing happen new years eve/ new years day. drink cranberry juice... it helped me. also make sure you drink a lot of water. i had contractions due to being dehydrated while i had the uti. you're 37 weeks though, so if you had the baby now it would be fine. lungs finish developing at 37 weeks, and you are considered full term. the last couple weeks they are just packing on pounds.

LisasFirst
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM

That's the weird thing...here lately I have been dowing cranberry juice like no one's business and drinking lots of water. You would think that would've prevented this. I am still having contractions 5-6 minutes apart so we'll see.

kellerz06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

while drinking cranberry juice is really good for you, in order to prevent a UTI you would need to drink pure, unsweetened cranberry juice... you can find it at health foods stores, such as gnc... the sugar in the cranberry juice actually counteracts its good properties...

Quoting LisasFirst:

That's the weird thing...here lately I have been dowing cranberry juice like no one's business and drinking lots of water. You would think that would've prevented this. I am still having contractions 5-6 minutes apart so we'll see.

pregnancy calendar

marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM

yeah but i was only 16 weeks. i HATE uti's omg.

LisasFirst
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I don't have any pain either. The nurse asked if I had any pain in my back or any feeling of having to go to the bathroom all the time. Neither of which I had. I just wonder if they were right on the UTI since I have none of these symptoms and she said it was a slight UTI. Thanks ladies for your input!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)