Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rolaids or Tums...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

Can I take either one while pregnant? I am 10 weeks and so nauseous that I can't do a thing and I have 3 other children. My Dr will not give me any nausea medication, I just got out of the hospital yesterday due to high blood pressure and dehydration. This pregnancy is by far the worst. I had so much energy with my other pregnancies and although I threw up with them I never felt like this. I am so sick can anyone help? Thanks!!!! Or what worked for you?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nailz98
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM
I'm not sure about Rolaids but I know tums are safe, that's what my doc told me to take.
Queen1382
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I know you can take tums. I eat tums like they are candy....seriously. Tums is also good for you while pregnant because it is also a calcium supplement. I personally like the spearmint (green) tums the best.

dhrmcanulty
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Tums are fine to take during pregnancy and actually somewhat good for you because of the calcium but you can NOT take rolaids. Not sure what the difference is, but my drs tell me repeatly Tums NOT rolaids hahaha

toddler girl Reagan Mackenzie born Nov 9, 2007

its a boy Asher Dane due May 26, 2009

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I took rolaids and tums Iam on my fifth child and will still take a rolaid every now and again and its been ok for me

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
MamaLauren32
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Do you want something for heartburn? Tums is alright to take. But it seems like you want something for morning sickness...preggie pops are pretty good! You can find them at babies'r'us...and are just like candy :-)

pregnancy

expecting first Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucketPregnant with a little girl Pictures, Images and Photos
shandrarose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

i always took tums

Dragonas
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I've been eating them like candy after every meal,but you can have to many, but on the of Rolaids bottle it saids take 2 a day for a calcium supplement. but they help me...i don't think their would do any harm

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM

My OB said Tums is fine however Rolaids isn't due to the fact that they have aluminum in them. Id just ask your OB what they suggest.

Pregnancy ticker

jessica.simpler
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I know that you can take tums but my grandmother told me to drink pickle juice and it really works! I know that it seems silly but the vinegar in the pickle juice really settles your stomach!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)