Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg-was in labor and delivery last night !! PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
  • 1 Replies

Well, it started at abour 10:30 last night....i had a contraction....then two...about fifteen minutes later, i was on my THIRD....and they were painful-and lasting about 2-3 minutes long....then i got the fourth one at the 40-minute mark....so we called the advice nurse to see what to do (after trying to change positions, and empty my bladder, then drank LOTS of water-nothing helped !)...they told me that the dr. said i needed to go straight to L&D to be monitored...so we made the 40 minute drive to the hospital-got there in a record 25 minutes ! They hooked me up to a monitor, took a urine sample, and attempted to start an IV line---FOUR pokes later, they finally got the IV going....and about a half hour later, they did a cervical exam, and urinalysis....i had protein in my urine, but not a concerning amount....and the tests they ran for infection came back negative-thank God ! So then they wanted to run a test called a fetal fibronectin test, to see if i was at risk for delivering prematurely-within the next two weeks, and the results would take 2 hours....so that also came back negative, which means that there's a 90 percent chance that i won't deliver w/in 2 weeks at least-yaay ! The cervical exam did show my cervix to be "soft, and 50 % thinned out", though-but no dilation, and my stitches showed no tension-so another "plus"....the contractions were the main problem though !! They came w/in 6 min. apart at one point, and they lasted as long as 3 minutes !! Once they started to space out, and not be as painful-they considered  discharging me.....so that's what happened....at 4:40 AM, they decided that since the contractions weren't gonna stop, that they would put me on a medication to stop them, that i have to take every 6 hours....so they gave me a dose, and sent me home. I was so happy i didn't have to stay, as we were NOT prepared at ALL !!

So....that was my fun and exciting weekend, in a nutshell, HA HA !!!

I go to the dr. on tuesday, so we'll see what happens next-please pray that Sydney will stay in at least another 5 weeks or so....thanks !!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
prmami2b
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Wow.. I'm glad they stopped the contractions.. Sydney, you needto cook some more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)