Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

just wondering if there was anyone on here that has had a VBAC i am considering doing a VBAC the doc has told me that i would be okay to have one cause the kind of csection cut i have has a very low percentage that my uterus would rupture. but i just wanted to know was the pain worse with a csection or with a vaginal birth and i also wanted to know was the recovery easier after the vaginal. i'm just trying to get an idea what to expect.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
chel1195
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I have no idea but, there is a VBAC group on here.  I would check them out!

**I have a friend that has had both but, the vag was first.  She has said that she would never have another vaginal!**

Brendon David born 11/09/05

Hoping for a girl! Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM

For the most part your chance of a uterine rupture is less than 1%, so I would say go for it. I have no personally had one, but I have witnessed several and they were very empowering experiences. I suggest looking into the VBAC group here on cafemom, the women there have tons of great information. Also get in contact with your local International Cesarean Awareness Network chapter, they are great resources. You can find a lot of great info on their website ICAN and where the closest local chapter is.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)