Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ovarian cyst while pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I went to the ER today in excrutiating pain.  Come to find out I've got an ovarian cyst that is a lil over 1" in diameter.  I'm 11 weeks pregnant and just wanted to see if n e one else has had a cyst rupture while pregnant.  The dr was telling me all these things to look for if the cyst causes internal bleeding once it does rupture.  I'm terrified!  I've had cysts rupture before but not this big!  AHHHHH!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
casey940
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I had an ovarian cyst when I was pregnant with my 3 yr old dd and it was little when they found it. when i went in a month later, it was huge. they found it when i was 5 weeks along and did surgery to remove it when i was 19 weeks or so along. the incision is from my belly button to my hair line, but let me tell you it was sooo worth it!! i had a chance of losing her or the cyst rupturing, the dr told me i could lose my life if it did rupture, so i went ahead and had it removed. he gave my dd a 5-10 percent chance to make it and thank God she's still here. i had a great dr though!! if i were you, i would see if you can have it removed but that's up to you!! good luck!

jessi_peeps0307
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM

What oh my gosh?  they didn't say n e thing about me losing the baby if it does rupture...ok that's it, calling my OB dr tomorrow!!!!

Quoting casey940:

I had an ovarian cyst when I was pregnant with my 3 yr old dd and it was little when they found it. when i went in a month later, it was huge. they found it when i was 5 weeks along and did surgery to remove it when i was 19 weeks or so along. the incision is from my belly button to my hair line, but let me tell you it was sooo worth it!! i had a chance of losing her or the cyst rupturing, the dr told me i could lose my life if it did rupture, so i went ahead and had it removed. he gave my dd a 5-10 percent chance to make it and thank God she's still here. i had a great dr though!! if i were you, i would see if you can have it removed but that's up to you!! good luck!

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I have a cyst on my rt ovary that is over 2 cm (about an inch) and I've had it through both pregnancies, and nothing happened (thank god) so its possible for nothing to happen, don't worry! Just try to take it easy and do what the dr says!

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

casey940
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM

yeah, in some cases they stay the same size but mine didn't, unfortunately :(. like i said it grew huge over a months time, so it was serious. i would just call ur dr and see what he/she says. i hope you have the same luck at wifeytype1025!! good luck and keep us updated pls

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

I have a cyst on my rt ovary that is over 2 cm (about an inch) and I've had it through both pregnancies, and nothing happened (thank god) so its possible for nothing to happen, don't worry! Just try to take it easy and do what the dr says!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)