Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fetal Doppler

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi!  Has anyone bought one of those at-home dopplers to hear your babies heartbeat?  If so, which one and did it work?  How early could you hear the heartbeat?  THANKS!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chilosa
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I suggest not buying the one babies r us and walmart sells it doesn't work it says you can hear it after 24wks and I still havent heard crap and I know where his heart beat it you can rent them which in all honesty is cheaper if you want the websites message me and i will send them alot of the ones they have can be heard after 16 wks

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

Mommyof2soon411
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I was given a prenatal heart listener for christmas but with this you can only hear the baby's heart in your 3rd trimester..i love it though come's i handy when i get scared because he doesn't move around like he use to so i pop it on and listen..his chest is not just under my belly button which i think means he's head down and dropped.....

pregnant bellyits a boy

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I bought the HearTones... it was a little pricey (about $600) but so worth it... it worked perfectly from 11 weeks on... and I was able to sell it after two pregnancies this fall for $455... so I wasn't out that much in the long run!

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

jgirl04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I rented mine from bellybeats.com. I just returned it actually :o( but it eased my mind when I didn't feel him for a while and I was paranoid. (I had a traumatic 1st pregnancy). I mentioned it to my doctor that I had rented one, and she totally flipped out. But whatever, I kept it for another 2 months until I could knowingly feel him move every day.

expecting boy

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I bought the bebesounds one, and I couldnt ever hear the babys heart beat with it. However, towards the end I had a really hard time sleeping and I found that if I put the headphones on and put it on my belly I could hear her moving around and it always put me to sleep. I probably wuoldnt have slept much towards the end last time without it.

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

SPJen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM

What did your doctor flip out about?  Is it dangerous to the baby or something?

mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

i used the bebe one and i heard her heartbeat when i was like 18 weeks.  I loved it,  I would get stressed and just listen to her heartbeat and it would calm me immediately.

SoldiersWife006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

i bought the bebe sounds one from walmart and its JUNK it didnt work....i tried it MULTIPLE time trying to hear the heartbeat i even took it with me thursday and tried right before they induced me and still NOTHING......

dozerfamily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I bought one like they use at the doctors office off of ebay for $40.00.  I had a lot of problems in the beginning of my pregnancy and it was reassuring to be able to hear the heartbeat. 

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I also bought the bebe sounds one... I swear I can hear everything, my stomach juices, the trucks outside, the neighbors T.V. but NO HEARTBEAT..  I say if you're going to buy one don't go for a cheapo... It was like 20 bucks and doesn't work, but I could just be using it wrong.

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)