Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my pregnancy brain is kicking in! :( Help!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I made a post earlier about realizing that if my due date IS wrong, I'll be having a baby in the next few weeks! And now I feel SO unprepared!!! help!!!

So I'm a list person... Here are the things I have left over from my daughter, and things I've gotten so far:

Crib and crib bedding, cradle swing, wipes warmer, travel system w/ the car seat/stroller, pack n play with bassinet n mobile, clothes, socks, bibs, etc., bouncey seat, baby monitor, infant bath tub, portable swing, infant carrier (fwd n bkwd facing)

And things I still need: crib mattress (the one i had is in my daughter toddler bed now!) diapers, wipes, new bottles/nipples, liners (I use the drop ins), formula, snow suit, diaper bag

I feel like I'm forgetting something very important! Help!!!

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ArleneE
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM

i notice you did mention infant bath but do you have facecloths infant shampoos and of course you mentioned formula but do you have a supply of burp blankets and swaddle blankets.  oh yeah and i should remind you of your hospital bags since i was just thinking the other day myself i should start mine because i am due the end of march but jan5th they found amniotic fluid was on the low side.

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I don't swaddle my babies, and I have the shampoo and baby wash and  wash cloths and burp cloths, etc. Sure, most of it is pink/girly stuff but whatever no one will know if he uses a pink wash cloth LOL

Quoting ArleneE:

i notice you did mention infant bath but do you have facecloths infant shampoos and of course you mentioned formula but do you have a supply of burp blankets and swaddle blankets.  oh yeah and i should remind you of your hospital bags since i was just thinking the other day myself i should start mine because i am due the end of march but jan5th they found amniotic fluid was on the low side.

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

jgirl04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I love a boppy pillow, and a camera/camcorder, mittens...I have pregnancy brian as well, sorry! This is all I can think of at the moment, you seem to have yourself pretty much covered.

expecting boy

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Things have been super tough on me financially after I lost my job, so as much as I want a boppy pillow, I might have to wait on that one unless I can find one cheap on craigslist or at the consignment place or on freecycle. And I have a camera and mittens (again who cares if they're pink lol) no I have some boy ones, and neutral ones... although my daughter figured out how to get them off on like day 2 or something.

Quoting jgirl04:

I love a boppy pillow, and a camera/camcorder, mittens...I have pregnancy brian as well, sorry! This is all I can think of at the moment, you seem to have yourself pretty much covered.

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM

bump

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

idk, it looks pretty good to me. i was never very good at preparing though, lol. bottle brush? nursing bras? breast pads? pump? i guess u wont need those really cause it looks like ur gonna FF. how is she set with clothes? baby book?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
buttercup33
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

lol i was gonna say dipers but i looked back and saw them... and thats my pregnancy brain kicking in too lol

pregnancy
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Bottle brushes!!! How could I forget that?

I'm thinking I will get enough of those pads in the hospital, if i need them after I get out I'll get some tho.

I had the HARDEST time breast feeding last time, and it was so hard on me, put so much stress on me... I think its better for us both if I don't bf this time. i feel kind of guilty about it, but I hated it, and I think it brought on a lot of the ppd I had.

Quoting kissmiss213:

idk, it looks pretty good to me. i was never very good at preparing though, lol. bottle brush? nursing bras? breast pads? pump? i guess u wont need those really cause it looks like ur gonna FF. how is she set with clothes? baby book?

conradsgirl5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM

They have pillows like the boppy at walmart that are cheaper. Some off the wall brand...but just as nice! :)

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

Things have been super tough on me financially after I lost my job, so as much as I want a boppy pillow, I might have to wait on that one unless I can find one cheap on craigslist or at the consignment place or on freecycle. And I have a camera and mittens (again who cares if they're pink lol) no I have some boy ones, and neutral ones... although my daughter figured out how to get them off on like day 2 or something.

Quoting jgirl04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)