Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aiming for a weekend delivery so my brother can b there

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

both my brothers are firefighters, they are identical twins.  and 1 brother has recently become a fire inspector, and wants to go to the police academy so he can make arrests when it warrants.  he starts in february, and i am due in march!  so he tells me today that if i go into labor during the week he wont be able to be there bc he will be at the academy, and goodness knows they wont let him just leave to be at the hospital with me.  he is not going to be in the room, but i want him there, to see his niece and support us.  so there are two fridays in march the 6th and the 13th, at what point can i tell my dr i would prefer him to induce me so my brother can be there.  weekends work best too since my hubby is a truck driver and is home on the weekends and nights.

Christina

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Is this your first baby?

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

Steph_reynolds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I kinda doubt you will be able to find a dr willing to INDUCE on a weekend.

threesacharm29
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

You can just tell your doctor you want to be induced, and he will probably do it. I would talk about it at your 35 or 36 week appointment. Some doctors won't induce until after 40 weeks, and some will do it after 38.5. It just depends on the doctor. Usually they want you to be dilating or effacing before they induce to make sure you will respond to the induction. I was induced with my first daughter at 38 1/2 weeks. It went very well with  no problems for us!

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM

True, but she said Friday!

Quoting Steph_reynolds:

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

clickmect
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM

yes this is my first baby, and their first baby niece, our other niece is by marriage. 

Christina

Steph_reynolds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM

*slaps forehead*  yeah.  im a dipshit.  thats twice today I have done that

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

Quoting Steph_reynolds:

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Well, all you can do is ask. A lot of dr's wont induce unless you're overdue if its your first baby. I know thats how my ob was. I ended up with pitocin because I didnt want to be in labor forever and I was dilating slowly. But he wouldnt start it until I was in active labor, or overdue, luckily I went into labor on my own @ 37w5d.

Hopefully you get to set an induction if thats what you want! But it definitely can't hurt to ask - the worst he/she could say is no!

Quoting clickmect:

yes this is my first baby, and their first baby niece, our other niece is by marriage. 

Schleetle

My SIL just had a baby that was EDD of November 6th (2008)... her husbands birthday is Nov. 2nd it was a Sunday so the doctor would not induce on Sunday. She purposely called the doctor 20xs, and kept going to the hospital starting at like 12am on Nov. 2nd telling them she was sick of contractions couldn't sleep bc of the pain, and wanted the baby out. She got the baby on her husband's birthday sure enough so if its what you want keep bugging them until you get it.

Wiifeytype1025

Hey, no biggie, some drs at the hosp. I deliver at won't even set inductions on Friday because they might not deliver until Saturday - M-TH only!

Quoting Steph_reynolds:

*slaps forehead*  yeah.  im a dipshit.  thats twice today I have done that

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

Quoting Steph_reynolds:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)