• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy's of preemies... (PLEASE RESPOND)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
Has anyone had a baby between 30 and 34 weeks? If so, how much did your child weigh and did they face any medical issues? (Other than birth defects. I mean like breathing trouble, anything like that) Please respond asap. Thanks <3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chel1195
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

My son was born at 34 wks- 7lbs 10oz and 23 inches.  GIGANTIC!!

He did have problems breathing on his own but, did not need a breathing tube only the oxygen helmet thing.  He had trouble regulating his temp and blood sugar also.  He was jaundiced as well.  All in all things were fine- he went home in 3 days!

I'm pregnant again and sick- my doctor said 30 wks is the golden age.  She said if I can make it to 30 this time, the baby has great chances!

Brendon David born 11/09/05

Hoping for a girl! Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

chunkiemonkie12
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

its not between 30-34wks.. but my friend jaz had her baby at 24wks i think it was.. miracle baby.. i think she said she was in the hosp for 3 months. now she's already a yr old. she's reallyyy tiny, but she's learning quick. she's smaller then my boy & he's only 10mos old. she's considered disabled cuz she's so preemie. but she's doing just fine :)

BabyNamey.com Name Badge
desperatelyTTC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

My daughter was born at 32 weeks and weighed 3 lb 5 oz....she was on c pap for only a couple of hours.....she was in NICU for 5 weeks and 1 day. She is now an extremely healthy 6 1/2 month old weighing 14 lb 5 oz!!

nily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My son was born at 35 weeks by c-sectoin and he dint breath well at the moment he was born, he had to be conected to a breathing machine and send away to another hospital with a bigger and better NICU. He spend a week there and then he was sent home were he belongs. It was horrible for me not to be able to have hom in the same hospital with me. Now he is a healthy 3 month old.

Now

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
strongmama07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM

My daughter was born at 36 weeks and had no problems she weighed 5 ibs 4 oz. and went home 3 days later. My son was born at 34 weeks and weighed 5 ibs. 10 oz. he spent 2 weeks in the NICU, he had breathing problems and temp problems. They both have asthma now but other than that they are healthy!!!

PregoDiana
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:01 AM
wow! my baby was born at 41 weeks, 1 day, and weighed 7lb 3oz! to the poster, two of my riends just had preemies. #1 born at 31 weeks, weighed 3lb 11oz, #2 was born at 33 weeks weighed 4lb even. #1 had no "real" issues and came home 4 weeks later. #2 is 5 weeks old, still in NICU, still on breathing machines, has a defective airway and will be sent home soon on a breathing machine through the nose and is to "grow out of" the airway defect. She is thriving otherwise and is almost 7lb already (born at 4lb)
Quoting chel1195:

My son was born at 34 wks- 7lbs 10oz and 23 inches.  GIGANTIC!!

He did have problems breathing on his own but, did not need a breathing tube only the oxygen helmet thing.  He had trouble regulating his temp and blood sugar also.  He was jaundiced as well.  All in all things were fine- he went home in 3 days!

I'm pregnant again and sick- my doctor said 30 wks is the golden age.  She said if I can make it to 30 this time, the baby has great chances!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
SAM
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
BORN DECEMBER 19th, 2008
jjenn84
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I had my little boy at 34 weeks. He was sent to niccu in the hospital i was in just a few min after i help him because he was grunting and having trouble breathing. His lungs were not fully developed and they had to have him on oxygen. the night that i gave birth he went down hill so they woke me at 3 in the morning saying they were transporting him to another hospital which was about 20 min away because the niccu there was more updated. I was able to go home that day so I can go sit with him. They had him on a sepirator  and feeding tubes and all for a week then he was gradually brought down to the regular nursery. He was 6lbs 7 oz. at 34 weeks.

Now he is a healthy 2 years old and you would never know he was a premie.

jaelynntanamom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM

My youngest daughter was born at 26 weeks. she weighed 2 lbs. 0.9 ozs. and was 13 and 3/4 inches long. she is now three years old and still a little small but otherwise doing just fine. she did have chronic lung disease because her lungs weren't fully developed but she has grown out of that and is fine now

Cline247
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I'm not a mommy to a preemie, but I am an auntie to one. My nephew was born at 30 weeks. He was 3lb 12oz and 16 inches. He was in the hospital for about 3 months, he had to be on machines to help him breathe and eat, but now he is doing great! He is 2 1/2 and is actually taller than most kids his age and much smarter. I'm not just saying that because he is my nephew, he has known his alphabet (not only singing it, but you can point at any letter and he can tell you what it is), his numbers up to 10 and all of the colors. He has been able to do this since he was about a year and a half.

renee199015
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM

my daughter ws born at 30 wks 2 pds 10 oz  14 1/2 inchs and had no problems breathing or anything she only had a feeding tube and she was home in about a month and a half after she gained enough weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)