Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AUSTIN is finally here.... Worst experience EVER!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

Well, baby Austin arrived at 9:13pm on January 25.  He was 7lbs. 7oz.  He was 39 weeks along and dompletely natural.  YAY MOMMY!

Anyhow, after he was born, they laid him on my chest adn his little legs started to turn blue.  They scooped him up and took him to the nursery where they were giving him oxygen.  4 hours later, I still had not seen my baby boy again and my SO didn't even get a chance to hold him.  My baby boy has an air pocket outside his lung that originally was 15% the size of his right lung and bringing his heart rate up to above 200 and his oxygen level to near zero.

They finally got him stable enough to transport to an NICU unit, which is 45 minutes from the hospital I delivered at and in a different state.  My SO who was already coming down with a cold was told he would not be allowed to go with Austin to the NICU due to being sick.  So, they asked my DR to transfer me and he said not until she has been in for 36 hours and by then she will be discharged. 

Well, I am sorry and I am sure I will get bashed for this, but I signed myself out AMA 5 hours after my baby was born and went with him to the NICU.  I could not let them take my baby to another state with neither parent in the hospital with him. 

Needless to say,he is doing MUCH better.  They are going to be taking him off the oxygen which they now have thru his nose rather then having to bag him, they will be taking out his IV and trying to feed him this morning, which is EXCELLENT!!! He already has Breast Milk waiting for him since he will have to get it from a bottle for his first feeding so they can see how much he takes.  If he stays at this status, he will be home Thursday or Friday.

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY BABY TO COME HOME!!!!!

Oh, by the way my SO is not admitted as well to the same hospital for vomiting blood and diarreah!  So, I who gave birth less then 2 days ago, signed myself out AMA for the benefits of my baby and have had 5 hours sleep total since friday night when labor started am the only one who seems to be doing ok.  My daughter is with my EX and will be coming to the NICU to meet her baby brother tomorrow.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janette23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM

ooh wow mama im glad your all doing better thats def a scary thing i wud have signed myself out 2 so no bashing form me lol. I cudnt imagine not seing my by for 36 and not knowing if hes okay well gte some rest since our out the hospital and take care

PregoDiana
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 AM
Wow! What a rollarcoaster! I hope all of you (yes, even you =P) are doing ok and continue to do ok both physically and emotionally! And congrats by the way! You'll have to post pics when you get the chance!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
SAM
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
BORN DECEMBER 19th, 2008
goodson_2008
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 AM

First off congrats on your baby boy. Second I will be praying that he does well and gets to come home soon. I would not bash you for signing out to go with your son I would have done the same thing. My son was a month early and my husband and I went everywhere the doctors took him.

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and pround Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :(

brandilynn4107
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:23 AM

i wouldve done the same thing! good for you for not sitting back and letting them tell you what to do! i hope all of you get 100% better asap! congrats!

mommy2boys1and3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Iam really sorry to hear that but glad to hear that he is doing better , we will be praying for you guys and hope all goes well congrats on the new baby boy

Mrs.BAT
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Oh darling, I am so happy that you're all doing better! I would have signed myself out to. It would have taken an act of God to keep me away from my baby in that situation. You guys are in my prayers! Congratulations on the baby and  his improved health. I am so happy that he's doing so well now. I hope you have him home where he belongs asap.

I'm a breastfeeding and formula feeding, co-sleeping, anti-cry it out, in your face, obnoxious, smoking, God-fearing, married, young, proud southern mommy. If you have a problem with that, too bad.
feeding babybreastfeedingMy groups: http://www.cafemom.com/group/notwyoungmomshttp://www.cafemom.com/group/depressedyoungmoms  ,  http://www.cafemom.com/group/youngsmokers
Looking for a group where you can let down your hair? Check out Mom Unleashed! http://www.cafemom.com/group/MomUnleashed

Thestacys08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:23 AM

I would've signed out too! Congrads, I was a high risk pregnancy so they shipped me about 2 hrs away from home, different state and all. So my little girl could be in the NICU and I would still be there. The NICU is the hardest thing ever! Congrads on him looking to come home soon, my little girl was a 34 weeker, and was only in there for a week!! Keep your head up, your doing a great job :]

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:27 AM

I don't think you'll get much bashing, definitely not from me - I would have done the same thing! I'm glad he's doing better, and hopetully he can come home in a few days!!! GL!

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

KatieJeremy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:22 AM

No bashing from me!

My sister had her baby at 24 or 25 weeks and he went to a NICU 2 an a half hours away. She signed out AMA after 4 hours. Let us know how he does!

HaysMom41705
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:23 AM

CONGRATS GLAD EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GOING BETTER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)