Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Sick of My DH!!! :-(

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am so done with him. I swear I could go into labor right now and I wouldn't even call him. DS has been getting up the past few nights (2, not including last night). I've decided to wean him (he's 25 months), mostly because it's getting very irritating and he's not super attached to nursing. He's starting to play more than nurse.

So DH read him some books and then (because DH said it wouldn't work) *I* laid DS down and read him books. He didn't ask to nurse or anything. We just read books and then I told him he needed to stay lying down and not get up. I told him he could sleep with his book, though. And he did! He ended up rolling over a little and I grabbed the book, so he wouldn't have a sharp edge poke him in the middle of the night.

So I went and shared my success with DH. He said, "Good....that's more than I could do." I told him he just needed to be patient with him. He didn't say anything to that, but he said he was going to sleep on the couch so "I could get better sleep." Right...so the past few nights of DS waking up and trying to crawl into our bed had nothing to do with it.

I said fine and he left downstairs. I stayed up a little longer and then fell asleep. 3 a.m. rolls around and DS is awake. I ask him if he needed to go potty and he did! I was very excited, but I kept trying to put him back to bed. No go. So at 4 a.m. (right before DH's first alarm goes off for work) I bring him downstairs. I tell him what time it is and he just slumps in the couch. DS runs for a toy and starts making noise. DH was like, "Ugh, you have got to be f****ing kidding me!" I was instantly all tears, but it was dark and he didn't see.

I've been up since 3 a.m. when I don't have to wake up until 5, so he can sleep an extra hour. I wake him up, literally 2 minutes before his alarm went off and he's pissed my child wants to play. So I grabbed DS and the toy and just put him in bed and laid there with him playing until he asked to eat. Then DH won't even look at me this morning and come this afternoon it's going to be MY fault for not speaking first. I hate him...I swear to God, he acts worse than a woman.

And then to top it off, he leaves with DS in a sweater. It's 35 freaking degrees outside. DH has a sweater AND his leather jacket. I should've stopped him. I actually asked him if he should put on something thicker than that...like his jacket....and DH said no, because it'll be mid 40's today. I should've grabbed his jacket, regardless of the fight it would've started. I feel horrible for my son. He stepped outside and DH shut the door and I still heard my LO say, "Oh! Cold!" My poor baby. I really hope it does warm up a lot outside...or if it doesn't, that the teachers realize that he doesn't have a jacket so they can do some inside play instead of out in the playground. I am just so sick of that man.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Sorry hun. My DH is being unreasonable about sleep and helping too. I hope things get better. Srick to your guns about weaning if that's what you want to do, it is possible it just takes sme work.

loli_usn17
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:16 AM

Thanks. Yesterday was the first day he went without weaning. If he really, really wants to nurse I let him, but I offer a distraction first (juice, is he hungry, etc.) He asked this morning and I said they were sleeping. He was okay with that answer and then 5 minutes later he asked to eat. I want to be really gentle about the whole thing. I wouldn't have started if he were nursing a lot, but I think he's ready.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM

You've done great BFing! He's 25 months that's way longer than most! You can do it and he's old enough to understand why you say no. good luck. If you want to vent about your DH feel free to PM me. I understand!

Quoting loli_usn17:

Thanks. Yesterday was the first day he went without weaning. If he really, really wants to nurse I let him, but I offer a distraction first (juice, is he hungry, etc.) He asked this morning and I said they were sleeping. He was okay with that answer and then 5 minutes later he asked to eat. I want to be really gentle about the whole thing. I wouldn't have started if he were nursing a lot, but I think he's ready.

loli_usn17
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:27 AM

***oops. I mean, the first day he went without nursing. Before that he'd nurse 1-2 times and not for long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)