Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 weeks pregnant with Pain! Plase help!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ladies please ease my mind or tell me what I can do

I 18 weeks and 1 day, I barely showing, But last night I was woken up with a pain/burning sensation in my lower left abdomen, right next to my hip muscle. It went away after about 10 minutes, I was just wondering if it was ligaments stretching pain or If it could be something more serious?
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lou_lous12
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Mell-belle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I had all sorts of weird pains like that in the beginning. So that would be my guess. But if you feel that something is wrong, it doesn't hurt to call your doctor.

How`s my pregnancy doing?
lil_bittie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM

A burning sensation means it is your nerve endings.  Your baby could be putting pressure on your spine and causing pain in the hip.  I have that pain without being pregnant and now that I am it is worse. I see a chiropractor to adjust my hips and shoulders twice a month.  It is so worth the money.

jeenw1019
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I have had the ligament pain for a while now (I'm 27 weeks) but for me it did not last a long time but I would get a sharp stabbing pain for maybe 2 seconds and then it would go away and then come back.  Some days its like that all day and some days I dont feel it at all.  For me I get the pain if I sneeze or cough and my doc. said to call if the pain does not go away.  So I think it cant hurt to give the doc. a call.  Hope this helps. 

cyndiemin
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

i am 18weeks as well and i have those pains as well, i believe they are ligament pains as well

mommy_lisa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Well I'm 20 weeks and was getting sharp pains (no more than a minute or two), mostly at night, they calmed down within the past week, but when I asked my dr., she said that they were completely normal. However, that I should call the office if the pain felt more severe than usual, or it took long to subside. So I personally think that if the pain lasted that long, it wouldn't hurt you to call,don't stress yourself over it, it is probably normal, you just want to be safe to ensure a happy and healthy pregnancy.

pregnant belly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)