Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM
  • 3 Replies

OK Im so confused please help. I have to go on a 4hr car ride for a manadory meeting for work problem is its suppose to snow very very bad (8 inches of snow, and ice storms) between now and the time i would be coming home.

Solution 1: drive myself and risk the chance of an accident.... I dont do well in the snow at all.

Solution 2: drive with co workers, problem one: the driver has a bad cold - problem 2: they want to make pit stops so we will be very late and there will be no time to relax before the meetings (which i will definetly need after being in car for 6 hrs) -problem 3: no way to get my car from work. we wont be passing by here on the way home from the meeting.

I hope this makes sense. I REALLY REALLY need help. which solution would u choose?????

p.s we are suppose to be leaving at 1:30 today

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CHECK OUT MY GROUP: Moms or Moms-to-be in Fairfield County, CT
http://www.cafemom.com/group/93957
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GillyMarie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM

ANYONE????? BUMP

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CHECK OUT MY GROUP: Moms or Moms-to-be in Fairfield County, CT
http://www.cafemom.com/group/93957
Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Do you really not trust yourself driving that much? You coud always drive yourself there and then on the way back follow the person who you would have ridden with or have them follow you to make sure you don't get into trouble. Just go very slow and bring a map in case you need to find alternate routes. It seems like a big hassle to ride with this other person for all the reasons you stated if y ou take precautions you will probably be okay driving yourself. Good Luck and Be Safe!

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

amanda0320
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I know exactley how you feel.  I hate driving in the snow.  I would drive with the coworkers.  the breaks will be good for you and baby and then I would ask if the person couldnt drive you back to get your car as well.  They probably wouldnt say no. 

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)