Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

excited but I feel guilty...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

SO I am 18 weeks and I have an appt today ... I called my ob office this morning b/c I was concerned about on ongoing wetness I feel and the girl said well maybe we should get an u/s I got really excited and started streching the truth a little bit about the severity of the situation.. altho I am concerned... So I dunno I really want the u/s should I feel bad? I just want to see my baby :(

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM

anytime you get a chance to see your baby you should be excited!!! don't feel guilty =)

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I wouldnt feel bad unless your lies turn into an "urgent" situation for the doctors.

nonna
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Aww, don't feel guilty!  Enjoy the u/s.

Krystiana ~ Loving wifey to Nick, Momma to Juliana,
Stepmomma to Lillyana,
and growing a boy. EDD-2/20/09

bam61907
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Good luck. Keep us updated on the ultrasound!

gottago
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

LOL don't feel guilty.. I'm sure there has been a time or two we've all done it.

I did it with my last, at a check up... on a quickly little ultrasound..she was sleeping and i hadnt had my breakfast yes so she wasnt moving around alot, told them i was feeling less movement.. i just wanted to se her too :)  i knew it was because i hadnt ate or drank yet :D

Good luck!

MJsMom0408
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Nah, dont feel bad. Even if you "stretched the truth", the fact of the matter is that you ARE experiencing leakage. And its a good idea to get it checked out, even if its not severe...because checking it out could prevent something from actually becoming severe. Plus alot of times, like my husband says, you almost HAVE to over-exaggerate, so that they'll take your concerns to heart. So good job, and have fun at the US!

LovinEveryDay
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I would say dont stretch the truth. They cannot help you to the best of their ability unless they know exactly what is going on. Stretching it can cause problems....but dont feel guilty about the u/s. Any time you get a chance to see your baby take advantage of it...what mom doesnt want to see her unborn child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)