Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am getting REALLY nerveous now!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

My due date is in 6 days or so and my dr said if I am still preggo on my next dr appt which will be the last one before my due date he will induce me. I am getting nerveous because people have been telling me that the pain is 10 times worse when you get induced because the drugs they give you are forcing your body to go into labor. I really have a low pain tolerance but I was going to try for a natural birth if I went into labor on my own, but if I get induced and the pain really is 10 times worse I dont know if I will be able to handle it!! Has anyone had a natual birth and an induced birth? is the pain really that much more intense or are people telling me preggo horror stories? Any feed back would be great since this is my 1st baby. Thanks

Miscarriage Survivor

pregnancy calendar

Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiwilime
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I haven't had an induced labor but I know someone who did  have both and  she said the pain was worse when she was induced but she didn't make it seem like it was A LOT worse.  Also if you don't want to be induced (especially since it's before your due date) you can ask your doctor to wait to do an induction.

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I have had 1 with no medical intervention, 1 with pitocin, and 1 with citotec. I did all 3 of them drug free. I do not think that any one was worse than the others. I do think that when you get pitocin things progress MUCH more quickly but contractions are contractions. those caused synthetically are no worse than those caused by nature. good luck and just remember to think of what those contractions bring (your baby)!!!   p.s. I am 36+weeks pregnant w/#4 and I am talking to mt OB tomorrow about inducing this one next week!

athenagmb
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I was induced with both of mine and yes the pain hurts but so does natrual labor. I had an Epi with my first and didn't feel anything except I was throwing up. With my son I had no drugs and let me tell you it hurt so so so bad. Which I still threw up with him to all over myself. I would talk to your DOC about stripping your membranes first and going that route that way you may go into labor alone. Good luck

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 26th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I can tolerate pain my labor was 22 hours long I waited out until a couple hours before giving birth to get my epidural. I dont know about being induced though I've heard that it does make you have pain of course but I dont know if it's more painful.

candicefield
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Cant help you with the pain factor. I went into labor by myself at 37 weeks but had a complicated pregnancy. If you really want a natural birth you do not have to go in for the induction. You will most likely go into labor within a week or two after your due date. I just wanted to let you know that you do have an option and don't have to go if you don't want to.

carliemarie1015
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM

If you don't want to be induced, you can refuse! It's your body and your baby! There is NO need for induction until your WAY past due(2 weeks). Generally, you'll go into labor on your own. I wouldn't even consider being induced unless I was at LEAST 2wks overdue, even then I would be skeptical. If you and baby are healthy, there is NO reason you can't continue with your pregnancy.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I have never heard of being induced before your due date. After, yes. Or, if you are having troubles for a few days and are in labor. If it bothers you that bad then consult your fear to your doctor or request to have it done if neccessary. Most wait until a week past due date before induction if the baby is doing good and not overly large.

I did a natural birth. My DD was 2 weeks early. I am doing Natural Birth  this April with my Son :)

I had my DD in 5 hours..water broke -> her popping out. It did NOT hurt me. Only thing that sucks is the tearing down there IMO.

Each pregnancy is different and you REALLY should take a look at that before you freak yourself out. I did my research and went with what was BEST for me. I know my body and I know what IT is capable of. I dont know what the next moms body is capable of so if she tells me a horror story, its going to the back of my mind.

Quoting cutiepiecakes:

My due date is in 6 days or so and my dr said if I am still preggo on my next dr appt which will be the last one before my due date he will induce me. I am getting nerveous because people have been telling me that the pain is 10 times worse when you get induced because the drugs they give you are forcing your body to go into labor. I really have a low pain tolerance but I was going to try for a natural birth if I went into labor on my own, but if I get induced and the pain really is 10 times worse I dont know if I will be able to handle it!! Has anyone had a natual birth and an induced birth? is the pain really that much more intense or are people telling me preggo horror stories? Any feed back would be great since this is my 1st baby. Thanks

Air0623
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I really wish someone told me this before I was induced with my daughter. YES it is worse...I have 3 aunts that have had babies naturally,and were induced,and they swear they would never ever be induced again. My contractions were AWFUL. I know this isn't what you want to hear,but I would not get induced again,no WAY. And if your planning on going all natural,it isn't going to happen when your induced,the pain is just to much. I was watching discovery health one week after I delivered my DD,and it said out of women her were polled,and have had natural births and were induced,80% said being induced hurt more. I was like oh WHY didn't I hear this before! I just want you to know the truth,it HURTS.

carliemarie1015
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Quoting Air0623:

I really wish someone told me this before I was induced with my daughter. YES it is worse...I have 3 aunts that have had babies naturally,and were induced,and they swear they would never ever be induced again. My contractions were AWFUL. I know this isn't what you want to hear,but I would not get induced again,no WAY. And if your planning on going all natural,it isn't going to happen when your induced,the pain is just to much. I was watching discovery health one week after I delivered my DD,and it said out of women her were polled,and have had natural births and were induced,80% said being induced hurt more. I was like oh WHY didn't I hear this before! I just want you to know the truth,it HURTS.

Many people have an unmedicated labor and delivery while they've been induced.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Cynthje
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Is there a reason for the induction?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)