Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

Did any of you ladies get cramping around 4-7 weeks of pregnancy?  I don't have any spotting just cramping, but it's miserable!!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2busymomof3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Unfortunately I did and I thought they were just gas pains.  Then a few days later I started spotting...and then I miscarried.  My only advice to you would be to tell your doctor.  You can never be sure unless you keep it monitored and tell your doctor.  Good luck to you...hopefully it's just normal cramping that a lot of women get at that stage...I'm sorry if I scared you. 

SPJen
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

ahhh!  How far along were you at the time?

Air0623
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM

You should google it. Or go on babycenter.com it is a very normal sign in early pregnancy! Good luck,and try not to worry!

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I did with my 4th child but i was about 7wks..YEA!!! Google it or phone your docter

StacyB24
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I have cramped through my whole pregnancy off and on. I used to have really bad menstrual cramps so I just figured my body is just more sensitive to my baby forming. But don't worry I freaked out to when it happened that early but my doctor said everything was fine and I got my ultra sound and felt a lot better. I am now almost 23 weeks and still get cramps...so don't worry unless there is spotting!! Good luck to you and just relax.

miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I had very intense cramping from 4 weeks until about 15 weeks almost constantly. I had some bleeding in the beginning of my pregnancy and a couple other times of spotting through out the 1trimester.

I am now17 weeks pregnant and I'm contracting now (BH) more than cramping but I still do get the cramping feeling.

Cramping is normal in the first trimester as long as it's not accompanied by bleeding. However if it gets worrisome you can call your midwife or doctor for reasurance.

GOOD LUCK and congrats on your pregnancy.

JEM86
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM

completely normal--i had cramping early on and now have a healthy 2.5 month old..

ironically the pregnancy that had no cramping ended in a missed miscarriage

I am a 22 year old mommy to one, wife to an airman and a student. I am a breastfeeding, cosleeping, semi-attachment parenting, stroller pushing mama, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

lil_bittie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I had cramping too. I was scared and called my doc to find out that it was normal.  She told me if I started spotting to immediately come in w/o calling.  She said to take tylenolol for the pain if it got too bad.

airbornewife04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I cramped with both my girls the whole time I was pregnant. With my 1st when I was about 4 months I started getting really bad back aches to the point of me crying but I did cramp as well. With my 3rd pregnancy I cramped before we found out it was in my tube.

AvaXuansMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM

yeah with my first, every month i felt like i was going to get my period.  the exact same feelings always at about the same time of the month. never did of course but it went away after about 4 months. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)