Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Itchy Hoo-Hah

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, I recently found out I'm pregnant with #2!!! We're sooo excited! But in the past week my crotch has been pretty itchy. I've had bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections in the past, and this doesn't really seem like that.  It's not round the clock itchiness, just here and there throughout the day. No icky discharge, none of that. Soooo, my question is- is this just sort of a symptom of being pregnant or do you think that this is an early sign of an infection in the works? I JUST had a pap done last week, so I was thinking they would tell me I had an infection from that by now? I dunno. What's been your experience?

"All mothers are working mothers." -- Unknown

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
other_mother
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM
I had bv and a yeast infection at the same time, and the itching wasn't horrible, but it was intermittent and annoying.
pregnancy week by week
Summersmom360
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

My doctor said I could use vaginal itch relieving creams or yeast treatments, but I was in my 2nd trimester at the time. Call your doctor and ask what you can do.

toddler girl       twin boysSummersmom360 ~~ Mom to Summer and expecting twin boys in April

WifenMomm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Quoting Summersmom360:

My doctor said I could use vaginal itch relieving creams or yeast treatments, but I was in my 2nd trimester at the time. Call your doctor and ask what you can do.

I finally got in touch with my doctor's office and they said it's because of the pregnancy, that my pap last week came up clear of any infection. Also, probably doesn't help that I'm peeing all the time which is making me dry and irritated down south from all the wiping. I'm using vagisil to help relieve the itchiness. Bleh. =)

"All mothers are working mothers." -- Unknown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)