Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jealous is that wrong.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

my sister in law just had her baby boy this morning.  They took him via c-sec and i couldnt be happier for her.  I heard him crying in the background when i was on the phone, it was so cute.  He was 7lb 10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.  Does it make it bad that i am jealous.  I want to meet my little girl so bad and i still have 4 weeks to go.  I just want to be able to see whats been cooking lol inside me for the past 9 months and be able to love on her and start our family.  Plus she dont have to be preggers anymore.  but they did tell her that she was gonna be in alot more pain b/cuz they had to cut through a lot of scar tissue and cut more.  SO i feel bad for her there.  anyone else get jealous when your so close and someone else around you has their baby?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2wy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I think it is more just human nature. Probably made it worse by hearing her son and if you hold him that will be harder. My sis just had her lil boy on the 22nd but I am not jelous cause I know I will see my lil one soon and I still have till March. GL You will be holding her b4 to long.

nily
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Darling I can assure you that when you have yours it will be the opposite she no longer will be the center of attention and she no longer will have a brand new baby. Beside I think that she will be jealous of you when she miss her belly and worse if you have a natural birth. Think about it.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM

My ex cheated (father of both kids) and got HIS ex pregnant when he was with me - she had her baby jan 20th....

Yea, I'm jealous - shes already had her baby and I'm not having mine til the earliest next week!! Boooooooo!!

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

allieC1126
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Maybe try translating your jealousy into sometihng else.  I have a feeling you aren't TRULY jealous, you are just really excited for your baby to be here and seeing someone else have theirs makes you even more excited.  Three of my friends had their babies last week and, yes, it did make me look forward to meeting my little guy more than ever, but I can't say that I am jealous.  Just think, your baby has 4 more weeks of cooking left to do.  Just take it all in.

Ultrasound @ 15w 5d... It's a boy!

allieC1126
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM

WOW- getting two women pregnant in the same month- what a creep!  Sorry- hope you don't take offense to that...

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

My ex cheated (father of both kids) and got HIS ex pregnant when he was with me - she had her baby jan 20th....

Yea, I'm jealous - shes already had her baby and I'm not having mine til the earliest next week!! Boooooooo!!

Ultrasound @ 15w 5d... It's a boy!

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Hell, I'm jealous of your SIL...lol. I'm 33 weeks along (having a c-section March 9th), and can't bare the thought of 6 more weeks of this poo. It's driving me nuts. Hearing and seeing newborns makes it so much worse, too! So that's why I've been avoiding Babies R Us like the plague.
mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

yea i know i guess jealous is kinda the wrong word but then again it is,.  I want her here and i'm happy for my sil but i wish it was me.. she was still suppost to be preggers another 2 weeks lol.  my friend has a 6 wk old and everytime we go there i tell my baby okay your times about up you can come out now.

Quoting mom23boys679:

Hell, I'm jealous of your SIL...lol. I'm 33 weeks along (having a c-section March 9th), and can't bare the thought of 6 more weeks of this poo. It's driving me nuts. Hearing and seeing newborns makes it so much worse, too! So that's why I've been avoiding Babies R Us like the plague.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Im sorry to hear that :( those would be his last kids..... id make sure of that!

Quoting allieC1126:

WOW- getting two women pregnant in the same month- what a creep!  Sorry- hope you don't take offense to that...

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Couldnt have said it better myself, trust me no offense here. I have a restraining order on him, and he's not exactly a saint in my eyes.

Quoting allieC1126:

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I wish I had any say in it. It bothers me that my daughter is probably going to end up having several brothers and sisters that she has no relationship with.

Quoting sparklebug86:

Im sorry to hear that :( those would be his last kids..... id make sure of that!

Quoting allieC1126:

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)