Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOOKING FOR SOME RIGHT ANSWERS

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

So i went to my appt today. he measured my tummy. from the bottom of my pelvic bone (where your vagina starts i suppose) and measured all the way up to my breast line. he felt for the uterus before so he knew the spot he was measuring for. and he muttered 34. does ANYONE know what 34 means and is it where i should be for 23 weeks?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnGeLiCa414
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM

no one knows?

Summersmom360
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Are you sure you heard right? I think it means you are measuring as if you were 34 weeks pregnant.

I measure 34 weeks now that I am 28 weeks pregnant with twins.

toddler girl       twin boysSummersmom360 ~~ Mom to Summer and expecting twin boys in April

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM

however many centimeters they measure is what week you are supposed to be in.  Its not that accurate though...who knows how much water you have, how the baby is lying etc...

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I believe thats the size of the belly there is certain sizes they look for I would love the correct measurements too for the weeks Iam 21wks

pregnancy
miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Are you sure he didn't say 24??

Usually they measure your uterus to make sure it's measuring the right amount of for the right week of pregnancy.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Breastfeeding is the most natural and loving gift you can give your baby and yourself!

Resheda Hagen-Founder Lansinoh Labortories

owner-Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons)

Mazie0723
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

They measure in cm to see how many weeks your at.. At my last appointment I was right on the money at 26 weeks. Maybe the baby was laying funky.. I'm sure if he was worried he would let you know. 

pregnancy due date

AnGeLiCa414
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM

he said 34 for sure. i didnt ask because jaxson started kicking real low and it hurt so i couldnt get any questions out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)