Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My birth story

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

My due date was January 7th. On the 2nd of jan i was told i needed to do a 24hr urine test because i had too much protien in my urine so thats what i did. On the 5th i went to the doct for my regular once a week  check up and i was told that my protein levels came back even higher that the first test,i had preeclampsia so i was told to go straight to the hospital to be induced.I arrived at the hospital at 5:45pm and the nurse took me straight to my room and immediatly started me on pitocin and mag because i also had high blood pressure.I had already dialated 2cm 2weeks before so i was hoping that i would dialate quickly. 9 hours past and nothing happened i didnt dialate,i hadnt even had a contraction yet. The nurse put me on the highest dose of pitocin and still nothing.Finally 4:00 am i felt my first contraction. After the 4th contraction i couldnt handle it any more so i got my epidural!! ( Thank god for the epidural)!!! Finally after a couple of hours i dialated to 4cm.At 7am I decided to go to sleep to speed things up. At 11:30am the nurse woke me up to check me and i was fully dialated (Thank god). At 11:45am i started to push, after 7 pushes she was here!!!!!! 5lbs 13oz with a head full of hair.

18 YEAR OLD MOM TO BE~BABY GIRL DUE JAN 7 O9~I AM SMART~EDUCATED~LOVING~CARING~OUTSPOKEN~FUN~FRIENDLY~AND PLEASE DONT BE FOOLED BECUZ IM HAVING A CHILD YOUNG I AM DOING SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE!!!!!

MISS BIG RED!!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyIvy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Congrats! She is adorable!

I love my son Pictures, Images and PhotosEXPECTING A GIRL Pictures, Images and Photosproud c section mommy Pictures, Images and PhotosFormula feeding mom Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in March Pictures, Images and PhotosHappily Married rings Pictures, Images and Photos

Red2009
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

What a cutie!

allieC1126
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Congrats and thanks so much for sharing!  I love hearing other mommies stories- it makes me so excited for my little guy to get here.  She is absolutely beautiful- I love the hair!

Ultrasound @ 15w 5d... It's a boy!

momto4girzls
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM

congrats .. what a cutie..

****APRIL****

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Congrats!  I am glad all went well.  Oh and I loved my epidural lady!!!!  She was my best friend...LOL   So I can totally relate on that one!

pregnancy week by week
babies
Summersmom360
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM

What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations!

toddler girl       twin boysSummersmom360 ~~ Mom to Summer and expecting twin boys in April

mommy2alexis79
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM

shes so precious mama. congrats

little flower

Savedsol
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

she is SO beautiful and it sounds like you handled things great!  congrats on your birth and your baby

Blessings, Courtney

Domzmom2005
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Congrats, she's beautiful!

shellbell75
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Congrats mama-she is beautiful!way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)