Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd pregnancy induction question?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm not due until the end of April, but since it takes about 3 hours to get to my dr., and they're used to ppl having to drive a good distance to get to dr's in Nevada. My dr. says he lets patients choose if they want to be induced or not. They also do this b/c they are limited on anesthesiologists. Certain days are better for being sure to get an epi then others. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and he says he knows a lot of ppl don't want to be induced because of the chances of a c/s. But since I've had another baby at full term, he says my cervix is nice and soft and that it's a lot safer to do inductions in the 2nd pregnancy. I don't have to make a decision until like 34 weeks or so, and one of the dates I could choose would be the 29th, which is my due date. My dd came 3 days before hers. She was born vaginally and very healthy, and I'd like to deliver this baby that way too.
Has anyone else not been induced the first time, but did the 2nd? And did you end up w/ a c/s or not? Really I'd prefer to just let nature take its course. But at the same time, I want to make sure I make it to the hospital, which w/ dd I KNEW I was going into labor(starting to) the day before I had her. So if it's like that this time, then there'd be no problem getting there, I'm sure. But her active labor was only 9 hours, which really that still gives me plenty,except I always read about 2nd babies coming quicker then the first.

~*~Krista~*~ Mom to Lorelai, and a surprise on the way!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

They had to induce both of my pregnancies- and both of my children were born vaginally.  I have never had a c-section.  My dd was born 29 days after my due date and my ds was born 2 days after my due date.  Both very healthy babies!

lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Thanks, I hear a lot of moms say their inductions go fine, others say it's a tougher labor, and then quite a few ended up in emergency c-sections, so that just kind of bothers me. I think one of the big things is not getting the epi too soon, or at least that's what i've been reading.

~*~Krista~*~ Mom to Lorelai, and a surprise on the way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)