Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas on Painting Room? (bedding pics included) PIOG.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

We just found out we are expecting a girl and she will share a room with her big brother for about two years until we add on. Currently the room has khaki walls on top, white chair rail, blue on the bottom. I have included the pics of the new bedding for my sons bunk beds and the new crib bedding. I was thinking about painting the bottom chocolate and the chair rail green or yellow, but am afraid it will be too much chocolate. If we decided to paint the chair rail chocolate, what would you ladies suggest for the bottom part of the walls? Any other ideas please!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stace217
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Me personally, I would go more neutral on the walls just because the bedding as already so colorful and busy. And just accent with the colors instead of picking up the same colors in the bedding and putting it on the wall again. JMO :]
shaunadale
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

The more I think about, the more I'm with you on that. Here's a pic of what the room looks like now. The current blue would be fine but it just won't look right with the bunk bedding.

Quoting stace217:

Me personally, I would go more neutral on the walls just because the bedding as already so colorful and busy. And just accent with the colors instead of picking up the same colors in the bedding and putting it on the wall again. JMO :]

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I like how it is in the pic.. neutral walls with the chocolate chair railing.

Mandi
Domzmom2005
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Maybe a neutral color, like tan...or even a pale yellow-ish color...it would compliment the green and it's not a gender specific color

katjom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM

oh I am in the same boat as you so we will have to share ideas ...My 2 yr old girl and boy on the way will have to share also I just started looking at stuff but I like the pic...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)