Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, I had a cleaning spree today and now I am having slight contractions and dull cramps in my lower back. I wanted to take a shower, but now I am not so sure that is a good idea. What do you think? I am 37.3 weeks.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovelyfaith
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Why not? Your body might be saying its ready and your over the 37 week mark so its ok.  If your concerned call your doc, if you want them to stop you might relax for a bit and see if they go away if your uncomfortable.  GL!

katelynsmom06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM

as long as your water ahsn't broke you should be okay. which even after my water broke i still took a bath and shaved and everything.

ameee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I would go ahead and take a shower. If after that you keep having the cramping, I would call your Dr.

FUNNY MATERNITY, PREGNANCY AND KIDS T-SHIRTS AND GIFTS

WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/HOTMOMMATEES

absinth13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Whats wrong with a shower? Many women actual shower during labor to help with the pain.

amanda_19
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM

i was always told to take a warm bath to help stop contractions...but to make sure it wasnt any more than WARM bc it would make the contractions come on more(is just what my doc told me).

pregnancy
MommyBess
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I don't mind if she decides to come now, I am just not sure if taking a shower will bring it on or draw it out. I guess if I knew it would make her come, I would do it. I mean, she's "full term" now.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Actually taking a shower might be a good idea. I was told by my midwife that a warm bath or shower will stop false contractions and that if it's real labor that the contractions won't stop. So there is actually a possibility that it could stop the contractions. Of course if they're getting too bad or too close together then I would call your doctor first. :-)

Proud Mommy to Rachel Joy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)