Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early labor? Please help!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm 38w2d pregnant with my second child. Yesterday at my dr. appt I had my membranes stripped. That was around 9am. Then I went and walked around the mall for awhile and immediately started having strong contractions. I waited until they were at least 5 minutes apart and then called my midwife. She told me to come back to the office to get checked. So I went back in around 2pm and I had dilated from a 2 to a 3. So she decided to send me to L&D for monitoring and to see if I would continue to progress. She also stripped my membranes again. I was in L&D from 2:30 to almost 9pm with STRONG contractions anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart but failed to dilate any furthur but did efface almost completely. I'm now 3cm and 80% effaced and the baby's head is VERY low. So I was sent home but the contractions continued almost all night and I couldn't sleep. They did get a little furthur apart....maybe every 5-10 minutes. Then this morning it's like they totally stopped. It's now 6pm and I'm still crampy with back pain and will have a contraction every now and then (and they still really hurt) but definently nothing frequent. I've also had ALOT of bloody show and am still having some and this may be TMI but ever since I got home last night I have had 7 bowel movements...not diarrhea, but normal. I'm not sure if that means anything or not. Does this sound like early labor still even though the contractions have really slowed down and have basically stopped? I'm just so miserable and am hoping that this will happen very soon!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fsuandi7
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I'm kinda going through the same thing as you...hurts like hell but they come and go. I was barely a fingertip dialated and have had diarrhea (sorry tmi) and feels like i have to go to bathroom now but can't and lower back hurts. I don't know what is going on i don't have a doc apt until thursday but i havent had my membranes stripped so i don't know. good luck to you

nonna
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Definitely sounds like early labor to me.  Keep up with being active if you can, and hopefully they won't stall out again.

Krystiana ~ Loving wifey to Nick, Momma to Juliana,
Stepmomma to Lillyana,
and growing a boy. EDD-2/20/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)