Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newborn Tests & Procedures, have some questions can someone please help?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have Kaiser & I will be delivering at Modesto Kaiser hospital.

I have been searcing their web pages for days trying to find out their newborn tests & procedures but I cannot find anything about it.

This is my first and I want to know EXACTLY what they plan on doing to my baby before I go into labor so I can decide what/when I would like and not like them to do.

For example I know I want to be able to try and breastfeeed before they take my baby from me.

Any help would be great, THANKS MOMMAS!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom23boys679
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM
As far as tests, I know some are required in some states (being mandatory). Mostly to detect for disorders, that could potentially save your child later down the road. I'm sure as long as baby is ok right after birth, they'd let you nurse. I can't imagine why not. I had a c-section birth the first time around, and was so doped up and could barely concentrate on reality and they still made me nurse in recovery.
mommyofmaknchz
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Have you registered at the hospital yet? If not you should be able to find all of that stuff out when you register and or when you do a hospital tour if you plan to do one.

QueenB36
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM

My hospital tour isnt untill March 6th, Im due late April but I wanted to know now If by someway I could, That way I have plenty of time to think it over and decide what will be best for my baby.

My fiancee did not vaccinate his other two kids, I am pretty sure he will protest to vaccinating this one, but I was given all my vaccinations as a child so I have another opinion- that is one of those things we need time to compromise on.

momehopeful69
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I am also delivering at Modesto Kaiser.  How is that hopsital ? I heard it is pretty nice. I have not been out there yet. I live in Manteca. I am due in August.

QueenB36
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

bump

babysmama03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

no clue but heres a bump

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)