Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39 weeks....no dilation

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 18 Replies

I went to my doc appointment and he tells me that I am still no dilated.  I feel like my son is never going to come, but he said that it is very good that I am not dilating yet.... anyone have this happen, and if so when did you start to dilate???

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allensavannahs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:21 PM

you would be surprised how fast it will happen. one day nothing then the next you water is breaking. i COMPLETLEY  understand about not wanting to be a duplex anymore and holding that little person in your arms to finally kiss them and hear their cry.

but the baby will come for sure... paitence is a virtue...when you find yours lemme know where it is because i think mine was i my jeans and i washed them ....eek.....

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

psychic test results

SpurgeonMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

well with my first pregnancy i didnt dialate until the night i went into labor, i started having frequent contractions went into the hospital they checked me and said i was still at a 0 and said i could walk for an hour, well i made it 30min until i fell like i was going to fall and the nurse told me she was to busy and it would be longer than 30min for me to make progress well i was pissed so she finally agreed to check me 15min later and i was at 6cm, the rushed me back to my room and i had my baby girl an hour later. so i wouldnt worry, it can all happen at once. i had her 1 day before my due date

loris1209
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I'm with you on that one. I am dailated 1-2 cm but I have been that way for almost 4 weeks. Nothing has changed still very thick and his head is still way up there. I'm 39 weeks 1 day so I feel your pain. I just want my little guy here. They are going to induce me on the 4th but I feel like that is forever.banging head into wall

mommie_b515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

With my DS- I didnt dilate at all till i started being induced.... that was at 42 weeks....

Im already thining w/ this pregnancy so I'm hoping to dilate and give birth on my own this time around...

GL hunny! Hope you the best!

Hailey_2486
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM

UGH! Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. I haven't even dilated to 1 yet. I'm just waiting for SOME progress! Good luck mama!

Pregnancy MySpace Comments

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

MySpace  Graphics 

How`s my pregnancy doing? 

1sttimemom512
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

the 4th is my due date...

Quoting loris1209:

I'm with you on that one. I am dailated 1-2 cm but I have been that way for almost 4 weeks. Nothing has changed still very thick and his head is still way up there. I'm 39 weeks 1 day so I feel your pain. I just want my little guy here. They are going to induce me on the 4th but I feel like that is forever.banging head into wall

Jesstickuh
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

baby dust

nunnu
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I had my baby on August 9th 2008... I was not dialated at all until the day my lil boy was born... at 40 weeks and 4 days :)

Danotoyou2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Well, why would you be dilated? You're not even in labor yet! To expect to dilate without the work is just wishful thinking. :)  It happens for some women, but not for others.

I didn't dilate AT ALL until I was nearly 42 weeks. Then I went into labor naturally, and had a very gentle labor to birth my 9 lb 6 oz baby.

Don't stress about it! You'll dilate when the time comes. Until then, all those BH contractions do other things; they exercise the uterus, eface the cervix, and prepare the tissues for the real deal.

Danell

Mom to Wiggles (3/31/06) and Squishy (8/29/08).

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I am not sure when I started to dialate because I had no vaginal exams till I was in labor, all it really does is cause stress, don't worry about it. You won't stay pregnant forever.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)