Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not preggo related but... I need help and advice!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am so sick of my husband lying to me about spending money and fighting with me about EVERYTHING! He spends hundreds on stupid craps then lies to me about it. I dont know if any of you remember but just last NOV he spent 600 bucks in two weeks on booze and strippers while he was deployed for training at a base in SO CA. I was FURIOUS! Now he goes and spends two hundred dollars on fictitious money for his stupid online game.... So basically he traded real money for fake money!!!!!!!!!! He play World of Warcraft and it drives me friggin nuts! He is on it ALL THE TIME. and now he is spending weeks worth of food money on fake money in a fake game! I AM PISSED! Also I am 34 weeks preggo and I am am trying to get over a horrible cold/cough that has been kicking my ass for a week.  So I wrote him a letter telling him I knew about the fake gold and that we were going to counseling weather he liked it or not. I called his chaplain on base and scheduled an appointment..... I told him its either that or he can leave.

Do you think I was too harsh?? I am so nervous about him coming home . I hate confrontations and I hate putting him in a bad mood and I really hate fighting! He can be SO verbally abusive and right now I just dont have the energy to deal with it...

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1sttimemom512
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I don't think you should've put it any differently.  He needs to understand that there is a baby on the way, and stupid spending just can't happen anymore.

stephanieevers
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM
World of warcraft can ruin a marriage LOL I am divorced cause of that game. We have 2 toddlers that he never helped or payed attention to because of that game. So good luck
absinth13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Oh you are being way nicer than I would be. The computer would be packed up and sent to a friend's house at least until the baby way born. Or I would have called and canceled his WoW subscription. 200 bucks is just stupid to spend on something like that.

Domzmom2005
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

NO!

I think that you have a right to be pissed about him spending that much on a stupid friggen game! and $600 on strippers and booze?!? I would have told him off horribly there.

It sucks that you have to go through this...and he needs to get his money act together because you're close to popping and babies cost A LOT!

I really hope that things work out for you!!!

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I think you handled it really well... I was a LOT worse when I found out my boyfriend was spending a good deal of money for points and games on his freaking xbox... He also used to spend a lot more time with it than me.. He eventually got the point when I told him to either straighten up, or leave.. I hope it works for you..

P.S. WOW sucks..

pregnancy

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

If its a situation thats dumb I defenantly let my husband know like he has too many animals but he is barely home and keeping up with the car insurance bill it all irritate him but you have to do that to men or they will take you for a joke so dont feel bad at all

lorianndavis
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM

i think games can be more addictive than some drugs, honestly. 

involving a counselor is the best thing you could do.

you're doing the right thing, your DH needs a reality check.

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM

yeah, im like that too! heck, i would just throw it out, i wouldnt even bother sending it somewhere. and maybe cancel his debit card, say that it was stolen and u dont feel the need to replace it. and why are u putting up with his verbally abusive shit?

Quoting absinth13:

Oh you are being way nicer than I would be. The computer would be packed up and sent to a friend's house at least until the baby way born. Or I would have called and canceled his WoW subscription. 200 bucks is just stupid to spend on something like that.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
trowasmommy515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I'm in a similar situation with some different reasons, but the same thing with the playing games all the time and he can be verbally abusive. and i gave him an ultimatum about 2 weeks ago. I said i've bent over backwards for you and been walked all over and i'm tired of your shit, so shape up or i'm leaving because i'm 6 months pregnant with our second ( his 5th) and we've already lost  one pregnancy. so i think you def. sis the right hing. if i cuold afford a counselor i would do the same thing. We can only take so much and its not fair for us to put up with it, so hopefully this works out for you.

pregnancy

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)