Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid question but need to know

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

duh i have a dum question. ok how soon after your baby drops will labor usually start. i went to doc yest n wasnt dailted at all but today my belly is much lower my back hurts n i feel pressure ive had some contractions on a off but nothing reg. im 36 wks and hes not head down so wth could the pressure be.any one know.. help..

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyny6
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

bump

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM
No clue, but I've heard of some women not dropping till they're dilated at a certain point. So for some it might come weeks before, others hours before.
pd4now82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM

If it's your first child, you can drop days before up to weeks before delivery.  With my dd, I dropped three and a half weeks before ever having labor.....

BUT...if it's your second, third, etc.  It could drop hours before labor starts....probably because your body has been through the whole process before????

Every woman is different though, just as every pregnancy ....   Hang in there, and take it easy!

mommyny6
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM

no its my 8th preg yes 8th but i sure dont rem feeling like this before.

Quoting pd4now82:

If it's your first child, you can drop days before up to weeks before delivery.  With my dd, I dropped three and a half weeks before she ever was born.....

BUT...if it's your second, third, etc.  It could drop hours before labor starts....probably because your body has been through the whole process before????

Every woman is different though, just as every pregnancy though....   Hang in there, and take it easy!

pd4now82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM

In that case then....yeah, I think you probably dropped and maybe I'd start making sure to have the hospital bags, and plan for children ready in case you do go into delivery.   But....with the head not being down, I certainly hope that's not the case!   GL!

Maybe worth giving a call to your doc or the nurse line just to be on the safe side....and see what they recommend or if they want to see you again or something....

mommyny6
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM

thanks i have mil here, n my bags are ready i think im going to try to lye down but hes def not head down he was transverese at 33 wks n at 35 he was breech n my doc felt n hes not head down.this would be my 1st preg like this so its kinda like a 1st time for me lol

Quoting pd4now82:

In that case then....yeah, I think you probably dropped and maybe I'd start making sure to have the hospital bags, and plan for children ready in case you do go into delivery.   But....with the head not being down, I certainly hope that's not the case!   GL!

Maybe worth giving a call to your doc or the nurse line just to be on the safe side....and see what they recommend or if they want to see you again or something....

RustedRalncoat
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I heard from a doctor that babies after the first will drop sooner. My friends baby dropped almost a month before she gave brith. I think it all depends on the baby and the mom...

pregnancy
abjones00
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I didn't drop until yesterday and i've been dilated 4cm for a week.  I wasn't effacing though because he wasnt' dropped.

klaniro
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM

he could have turned though, it can happen just that fast. at 36 weeks i went into my ob and he examined me and told me that the baby was breech, the next day i had to go see my perinatologist and they did an u/s and baby was head down. the little boogers can flip on you quick!

Quoting mommyny6:

thanks i have mil here, n my bags are ready i think im going to try to lye down but hes def not head down he was transverese at 33 wks n at 35 he was breech n my doc felt n hes not head down.this would be my 1st preg like this so its kinda like a 1st time for me lol

Quoting pd4now82:

pregnancy
nana.banana
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Maybe he actually turned head down and that's what you're feeling.  Mine turned head down at right around 36 weeks and I thought he dropped but it just felt different because he turned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)