Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Sickness and still working... how do you do it??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well... to get a background... you can read my post from earlier today :

"AM sickness and 1st day of new job...got sent home sick" ....

So I'm not sure how this AM sickness is going to pan out... it seems to be when I sleep at night... and today was the 1st DAY DAY of it all.... all morning, the spins, queezy, eyes couldn't focus, it was kinda scary yucky being away from home in a place that you're SOOO not comfortable yet... and your office is only you and 3 other people.... so yea.. getting sick in an office that's the size of a small 3 bedroom apartment in NYC (even though I'm in FL --lol) ... doesn't really tickle me...

I'm afraid that I'll get sick tomorrow... again... and have to go home.. and I JUST STARTED today... this isn't good. I don't mind the actually vomitting... that is over in less than a few mins... it's the constant spins, not being able to move your head, breathe w/o wanting to cry b/c you want the room to stop spinning.....  

I need your advice... how did you get through work w/ the spins/AM sickness?????

Am I going to have to not work? We can't really afford it but we'll have to just really REALLY buckle down if I can't work... the temp place basically said they'd give me a few days to see how it goes (since you can't predict how good or bad you'll feel) but if I can't do my job then they'll have to find someone who can...

Crappy thing is that I'm a receptionist for a small (4 person, including me) CPA office... if I have to puke... the only other person to answer the phone is the woman who hired me so she doesn't have to.....

HELP!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
life4him4ever
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM

zofran. only thing that worked.

~ Crystal
2 Early MC - March '04 & Sept '05
PCOS / Factor 2 Blood Clotting
HSG - Jan 24, 2005 4 failed Clomid IUIs
IVF #1 2 8-cell -Failed January 2008IVF/FET #2 June 2008 1-7 & 1-6 cell
IVF/FET#3- July 2008 - Transfer 3 - 3 day embryos 2 6 cell and 1 5 cell.
BETA 8.5.08 - 104.7 BETA 8.7.08- 213.2
Savedsol
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

you may want to wait a few weeks before getting a job, but if you can't I don't know what.  I had a job where I had been for many years, so they were very sympathetic with my sickies.  There are preggo pops to help and ginger anything, but I've heard mixed results with both.  If it's all day sickness and wooziness, just try to get through 1 minute at time.  Don't apologize too much, just get done with being sick and get back to business (if it's going to work).  I can't imagine being at a new place and having morning sickness.  it is a hard thing you're doing for your family, so give yourself props for giving it a shot. 

Blessings, Courtney

bambi1105
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Me too. Its awesome stuff.

Quoting life4him4ever:

zofran. only thing that worked.

ArleneE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM

you can purchase sea bands at the drug store that are for morning sickness but it is written on the package that they are also recommended for morning sickness with pregnancy. It is not a drug and it had no medical ingredients at all because it uses a set  of 2 wrist bands and they have a acupuncture ball on the inside of the band that when applied to the correct spot is suppose to stop morning sickness, (does not work if you have a stomach bug, the flu or food poison)  There are directions on the case to show you the correct spot they have to be, and they worked for me my first pregnancy but they were less effective this time around for my second pregnancy I would know i was gonna throw up and I was still able to work because I only had some really bad days and some days they worked and other days nothing would work but good luck and it does end most time around 12 weeks. 

heather.huckaby
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM

: (  I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time!  I agree with Savedsol.  You may have to wait a few weeks about getting a job.  My OB suggested taking 1/2 of a Unisom SleepTab for the nausea.  It didn't make me too terribly drowsy, but it did kind of help with the nausea.  After a while, my morning sickness turned into exactly 10 am sickness.  Every morning at 10 am, the rest of the girls in the office knew that they would have to grab the phones (I was also the receptionist) for a few minutes, because I was going to be in the bathroom being sick.  Hopefully your morning sickness will subside after a few weeks, but if not, you may have to get something from your OB/gyn for it.  Good luck, hun!

~*~I'm Heather-- a 22 year old Southern girl, born & raised in North Louisiana. I'm a stay at home mommy to Gage (born January 24, 2008)& a surprise on the way (due in September 2009)! My husband, Nick, and I have been married since June 10, 2006. I am pro-breastfeeding, pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-spoiling my babies! : ) I co-sleep, use disposable diapers, do NOT use the CIO method, believe strongly in extended rear facing, and, most importantly, know that God blessed me with a wonderful, healthy family, and I will teach my children about Him and His word.~*~

abjones00
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Tell the doc if your morning sickness is that bad.  puking and stuff yeah but I had real bad and it didn't sound like that.  Zofran is one of the meds they can give you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)