Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had my 12 week appointment today!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was so anxious for my appointment, because I really wanted to hear the heartbeat. So I got to my appointment, sat in the waiting room for half an hour, then went back to the room. Once back there, we did tons of paperwork, and then I had to sit around waiting for the doctor. Finally he came in with the doppler. He put the gel on my belly, put the doppler on me, and right as he turned it on, you could hear the heartbeat! It was nice and strong, around 140. It was so nice hearing it again. Now I finally feel pregnant again. I can't wait until I'm 20 weeks so I can find out what I'm having...only 8 more weeks!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mep291
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM

awe congrats momma! I remember how scared/excited I was the first time I heard my sons heartbeat :-)

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy

mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

congrats.  i couldnt wait to hear the heartbeat,  then i was 16 weeks and the doctor had me scared to death crying.  He put the doppler on and couldnt find the heartbeat, come to find out the batteries were low so it wouldnt pick it up.  Then he replaced the batteries and all was good.  I was so happy at that moment to hear her heartbeat.

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM

THATS GREAT wink

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family
KaelensMommy06
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Congrats mommie I heard mine at 10 weeks and the nurse had a hard time finding it but when she did I was so excited cause it was so fast and loud lol

stellarmom1
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM

congratulations! That first appointment is so exciting!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
lil_bittie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I will listen to mine next Thursday morning.  i have my first appt where they do the ultrasound to detect the heartbeat.  My neighbor's doc did not do this and come to find out her baby never developed a heart.  So I am glad to be doing this so early in the pregnancy. 

To the momma whose doctor doppler had low batteries....I would have killed that doctor. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)