Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is sad... A little off topic...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

I got this from one of my myspace friends and wanted to pass it.. This is not a post about abortion being wrong, or anything.. It's just that I'm about to have a daughter and it made me feel terrible..

One of the greatest ironies of pro-abortion feminism is that by its advocacy of abortion, it has endorsed the single greatest means of robbing women of their most basic right- the right to life! Abortion has become the primary means of eliminating unwanted females across the globe. A survey of a dozen villages in India uncovered a frightening statistic: out of a total population of ten thousand, only fifty were girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Bombay, of 8,000 amniocentesis tests indicating the babies were female, all but one of the girls were aborted! Because of sex-selection abortions, two-thirds of children born in China are now males. In the countryside, the ration of boys to girls is four to one! Even in AMERICA, amniocentesis is being used to detect a child's gender!!!! Medical World News reported a study in which ninety-nine mothers were informed of their babies gender. Fifty-three were boys, forty-six were girls.
Only one mother aborted her boy while 29 aborted their girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pregnancy

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Nicolle_09
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM

That is just so sad.

Kierri
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM

That is so sad =[ especially since I am having a girl..

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

yes it is wrong. gender selection is illegal in those countries. theyre not even supposed to tell the gender in india and china because of that. i AM pro-choice, but i believe alot of it has to do with WHY the child is aborted, if that makes any sense.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Yessi_81
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM

That's so sad! I swear one of these days men are going to be the only ones left. What then? Good luck getting them to have babies. :)

simple frown

Nichol81
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:52 AM

That is sad, I have 2 girls and was thrilled both times to find out they were girls.

lil_bittie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Everyone has the right to make their own choice.  IMO, abortion to select gender is wrong. The only way I would abort is if I was raped or the baby was serioulsy deformed.  However, if any of you chose to abort for any reason what so ever, I would not judge.  That's just not who I am.

JEM86
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM

thats terrible. I have a beautiful baby girl who is 2.5 months-- and I wouldnt trade her for a baby boy for anything. She is my entire world.

IMO, people who abort because of gender are playing God. Take what you get, a baby is a blessing no matter the gender.

loris1209
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I feel the same way. I wanted a girl so bad this time but the U/S says that we are having a BOY but even still I would never think of having an aboration just because of his gender. I love him no matter what weather he was a boy or a girl...

Quoting JEM86:

thats terrible. I have a beautiful baby girl who is 2.5 months-- and I wouldnt trade her for a baby boy for anything. She is my entire world.

IMO, people who abort because of gender are playing God. Take what you get, a baby is a blessing no matter the gender.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)