Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How early did you go into labor for your first child

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

This is my first child and my doctor says you usually go into labor early with your first and the girls at work say I wont make it to April because I look farther along than what I am, Plus i measure 2 weeks ahead.

by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashley_nick30
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:02 PM

with my son My duedate was right.. It had too be I had only had sex once!! but anyways... I had him at 36 weeks.. My water broke and all...

trinitysmommy07
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I had my daughter at 35 weeks

brittdaniels
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I have always heard the exact opposite. The first always comes late. I had my first at 39w 1d according to my doctors but unless we didn't get pregnant the one time we didn't use a condom I was almost a week over due

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Actually, most first timers go past their due dates. But you may be one of the lucky ones who don't!

With my first, I went into labor with her at 30 and 34 weeks and ended up having her at 36 weeks.

PregoDiana
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM
huh, thats funny! M Dr and everyone else I talked to say with your first, you normally go 7-10 days PAST due date. I was 8 days late myself! Went into labor naturally
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
SAM
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
BORN DECEMBER 19th, 2008
momof2ntwinsoon
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM

With my first my labor was stopped twice, once at 30 weeks than I was put on bedrest. I sprung a leak at 33 weeks and they stopped my labor again. I was in the hospital for a week and then I had her at 34 weeks. Good luck!

bezark
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I don't have much to add, but I find that interesting. I've always heard the opposite.

Although, at only 32 weeks, I feel like there's no way in hell I'm going to make it to 40 weeks. He'll cook as long as he needs to, but I can already feel him running out of room, and I'm already extremely uncomfortable.

lovemy918

I've always heard 1st pregnancies usually go to due date...I went into labor twice before she was born, once at 35wks once at 36wks, both times they stopped it.  Then I chose to have an induction, and had her that night at 39wks.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

My family is my life.
Who would have thought getting pregnant for the 3rd time would be so tough after 2 "one shot" deals?

TTC since April 2008
Diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome 9/15/2008

1st Pregnancy- Our Twin Angels made it to 14wks.  Gone, but never forgotten.
2nd Pregnancy- Mommy and Daddys Pride and Joy-"Bubbles" Born Jan. 24th 2008 Via Induction weighing 9lbs 11oz at 39wks.

bonitamomma3

lol.. He was born at 41 weeks.. lol.  not early at all.  And i was trying to get him going for about three weeks before he came.  :) :)

I'm a first time momma getting in tune with these motherly instincts. I'm a mother to a very active little boy, he is 2 months now, and I am in love with that little monkey!

AirealSBuchanan
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:09 PM

im still currently pg with #1, and im 35 weeks right now. i'll have to let you know when i find out. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN