Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to waterpark & have a question..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 15 Replies

We are taking our dd  to indoor water park.. I know  most stuff is off limits but I am wondering about the lazy river?? Is it ok to do that or a no no. I was thinking if it wasnt full it would be alright cuz i wouldnt have to worry about kids kicking me but my sister was like dont even do it.. i dont know what do you guys think..

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I honestly think it would be fine

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM

You'll be fine.

Even if you do happen to catch a flying foot from an 8 year old, your baby is very well protected in there.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I've taken my DD to a lot of lazy rivers the only problem i ever had was if there was a spot that there was a fountain that sprayed water she hated getting surprised with the cold water but other then that. Figure out the way you are most comfortable with the tub and your DD and have fun. I found it hard to got out of the tub if i sat in it like a seat, unless DH could take DD before i got out. Have fun some in-door parks have toddler or baby areas too so that might be fun.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Lazy River is fine.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM

he*l yeah. lol ... i remember going to waterparks and seeing all the pregnant people in the lazy river... there really isnt much else you can do being pregnant, besides swimming. so go, lay back in the tube, relax and be lazy!

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean (undecided middle) 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM

When i was pregnant with my youngest it was the middle of the summer and we went to white water and they had a lazy river and that is what i did almost the whole time, actually it felt really good on my stomach, took alot of pressure off of it and i got to relax! Just regular swimming in a pool is really good for you to while your pregnant from what i hear. When i went preggo i know it felt great! So go and have fun, wow, we have an indoor water park near here, hmm.. maybe we should go and do that this weekend, sounds fun!

Chrissy.jpg Chrissy picture by CafeMom2008

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Lazy rivers sound fine to me. I wouldn't suggest doing what I did last week though. I went to a wave pool, one of those big pools that has waves every so often. Well, I had my tube under my arms, and I was just hanging there, I was in the deep end and the waves started. I had to hold myself like that for 10 minutes. I was in so much pain afterwards, I thought for sure I caused problems with the pregnancy. Luckily, everything seems to be fine, and I'm no longer sore. But yeah, a lazy river would be just fine.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I think it would be perfectly fine. Your baby is so protected, I don't think kids floating by are gonna hurt anything. Plus, it's not like you're tubing the Guadalupe.

Pregnancy ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM

We went to Dolly Parton's Splash Country on August 7th. I did the lazy river, the big tube that 6 people can fit in, the very tall tubes that one person goes down, the tubes that you lay down on the mat and go down on your belly, went down the kiddie water slides with my dd,the wave pool with the huge waves and a few other rides. The next day on August 8th we found out that we were pregnant! I took my dd back the next day and did the wave pool, the lazy river and the kiddie slides and all was fine. Our babies are much tougher than we think. I think that you'll do just fine on the lazy river, but if you are very far along then I probably wouldn't do all of the wild stuff!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:31 PM

of course a lazy river will be fine. not saying everyone should do it but when I came back home to visit my family for a few months over spring I went to the amusement and water parks and did everything except for a few of the real jerky roller coasters. I did this through about 4 months before I went back home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)