Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how soon

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

how soon did you find out what your having.  and were they right.  i have always been told before 20 wks is to soon because not everything in place.  just wondering. 

preview image   preview image

preview image 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganRaesMom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I found out this time around at 16 1/2 weeks because of an ER visit and they ordered an ultrasound and she could tell easily. But I wasn't supposed to find out till my OB did my ultrasound at 20 weeks. First time around it wasn't until 24 weeks that they got a good picture.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:32 PM

most doctors do them around 20 weeks just to be sure and thats also when they check the babies vitals

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MommyIvy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM

About 20 weeks with first and 17 with 2nd.

I love my son Pictures, Images and PhotosEXPECTING A GIRL Pictures, Images and Photosproud c section mommy Pictures, Images and PhotosFormula feeding mom Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in March Pictures, Images and PhotosHappily Married rings Pictures, Images and Photos

Tatersmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM

i always found out at 20 or more weeks.  i was just wondering.  i know its also how the drs feel to!  i have found alot of differences from my SIL OB/GYN and my MIDWIFE.  i was just wondering.

jbhaleyrn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM

i found out with my first at 17 weeks. (and yes, they were right!)   and i had an early ultrasound last week for bleeding (i was 14 weeks) and they think it's a boy. but i'll have the full fetal anatomy ultrasound in week 18.

TommysMommy578
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I found out at 17 wks, they said it was a girl. At my 28 wk ultrasound I asked to please make sure and it is still a girl!!!!!

Julie(Tommys mommy)

amanda0320
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

The machines they use now a days are alot better.  I found out at 18 weeks with mine and they were right. but I did go for another u/s at 30 weeks (3d one) and I had them double check just to make sure!  LOL  Although i think some techs think they know a little too much.  I work with this guy whos GF is pregnant with her second.  The tech told them at 10 weeks that they were having a boy!  I read that at that age of gestation males and females look the same so how could the tech guess that?  So I asked him a while later if he got another u/s and did they verify that they were having a boy.  He said she hasnt had another one yet but he is sure hes having a boy and I started to explain about how they look the same and you really cant be sure that early and he got really rude with me and told me that this is his second kid so he knows and how I dont know anything because this is only my first!  I havnt talked to him since about it.  But ya i have heard at like 15-16 weeks they can give you a good probability on a sex of the baby.  who knows though.  LOL

pregnancy
jenmatt451
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I found out at 16 weeks that we were having a boy and a girl and they were right.  

armywife0614
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:44 PM

someone in another group im in found out it was a boy at 12 weeks 5 days, and it was right. I think boys are easier to tell at an earlier stage though then girls.

pregnancy due date

Think Pink Pictures, Images and PhotosFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:31 PM

With both of the girls I was 21 weeks. With this one I am guessing based off when my appts fall that I will be 22 weeks before she does the ultrasound on me. Blah!

Kaylie Breanne – 8/10/01          Hannah Elizabeth – 11/8/07   

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)