Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I can't take a crap!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

Any good remedies that I can take during pregnancy? It sucks, I feel like I have too, but it just wont happen :(

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

this is going to sound bad but I had that problem too and I would have to literally get up and walk around the bathroom and then sit back down once I felt like I needed to go again...its a pain but, that was the only thing that worked for me.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Catanna
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

apple juice works for me, I also took some over the conter stuff that they said I could don't force it because it can cause other problems

allensavannahs
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM

mylanta? fiber, fiber, fiber... and lots of water

if i get desperate i drink a cup of regular coffee. or a greasy hamburger..... works for me 

Ashtonsmommy529
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Do you know if you can take stool softeners or suppositories?

cali4niachef
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM

More fiber and more water.

Women should not feel guilty if they are unable to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are unwilling to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene

rachmom41
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Choke down some dried apricots.  That's what worked for me!  I hate feeling that way.  I hope you have luck!   Good Luck! :(

cali4niachef
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Quoting Ashtonsmommy529:

Do you know if you can take stool softeners or suppositories?

Try to correct it with nutrition first.

rachmom41
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I think you can take softeners but not supositories.  Not sure though.  Call Walgreens and ask the pharmacy or call your doctor and ask.  Prune Juice might work too.

jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I always used all natural Miller's Bran. You can get it at most health food stores. It would work very soon after taking it. Put like 2 tsp in anything you eat and you'll be going before you know it! 

Ashtonsmommy529
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM

OK thanks! I eat fresh fruit like crazy, so I am surprised that I am all bound :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)