Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have heard all the complaints except this one... Is it normal??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I am 32 weeks 2 days...  I have the normal achy back, legs, my hips hurt all the time.  I pee all the time, can't sleep cause I can't get comfy.  All the normal stuff.  Now like the last 2 weeks I have had this pain right under my breast, like my rips are bruising.  I thought maybe it was the underwire in my bra, but switching bras didn't help.  It's not bad in the morning, but as the day progresses it gets worse to the point where by 8pm I have to go to bed cause I just can't sit anymore...  I am assuming it's normal but...  just need to hear Im not the only one...

PS this is my first so...

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM

yep I have that under my left breast not sure what it is though...its def not baby because my baby is always on the right side except now he is engaged and in the middle

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM

i had it with my 1st and honestly i dont know what caused it.

i just wore sports bras or sleeping bras and it helped, but it didnt go away completely.

i am preggers w/ #2 and i get it sometimes, but now only with my underwires

Apr1l
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM

yep, my ribs hurt too!

MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM

i had it under my left breast too..

Quoting sparklebug86:

yep I have that under my left breast not sure what it is though...its def not baby because my baby is always on the right side except now he is engaged and in the middle

KareBear0609
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Me too! And I'm sitting here at work thinking it is my bra's underwire causing the pain and I'm tempted to take the darn thing off!

kno4eva
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:01 PM

When you go to the doctor ask what they think it is. For some reason when I was preggo they kept asking me if I ever get a pain under my breast on one side. I never did so it wasn't a problem and always told them no but now it has me wondering. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment..

JadesMama712

I got that with my daughter too but I think it was because she would kick me under my ribs a lot.  I remember never wanting to wear a bra because it seemed to make it worse!  I dont think its anything to be worried about but it never hurts to ask a doc if you are worried :)

mommy2be33009

ok well now thats really weird cause it hurts under my left breast too.  Hmm  I wonder why it's just the left.  Thanks I feel better at least im not the only one.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i had it under my left breast too..

Quoting sparklebug86:

Luvey12
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I had that really bad with my first, I went and had it all checked out to find out it was my stomach being pushed into my ribs!!  The doctor told me it was normal, and it should go away after I had the baby!!  hang in there momma!!!

jenjobrien
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I have it all the time.  I always thought it was pressure caused by baby and the uterus pushing against the ribs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)