Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! Does anyone have this?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm 28 wks pregnant and within the last week I've been having horrible acid indigestion. Has anyone had this with their pregnancy or past pregnancies? What can I take to help with this. It's horrible.

***I've never had heartburn, so I'm not sure how it feels. I keep burping and acid stuff comes up.

Thanks ladies.

Soniasimple frown

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Acid indigestion like heartburn?

TUMS smoothies

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I didn't get it with DD1 but I had it through most of the pregnancy with DD2. I was miserable. Esp in the middle of the night I'd wake up and it would be up in my throat and I'd start coughing. I'm not big on medicines so I didn't try any heartburn type medicines...I found that if I drank a big glass of milk before I went to bed, it would help. I haven't gotten it yet with this and I hope I don't. That is tough to handle!! I'm sorry you're dealing with that!

Kaylie Breanne – 8/10/01          Hannah Elizabeth – 11/8/07   

Pregnancy ticker

blg119
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I had it with my son. Nothing would work for me except a glass of milk and a piece of white bread. Not sure how I came up with that one. Good luck. I know the pain you are in.  

Dinosaursmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:42 PM

water with a teaspoon of baking soda in it I hear??? I have not tried it yet i have only had it so bad once but I was refluxing so badly I just drank some malanta and for the rest of the time tums have worked.

Hrivera5
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I get heartburn really really bad when I am pregnant.  I have had it with both of my kids.  I keep mylanta or malox by my bed and I just drink it all night...ugh..its horrible, but the liquid antiacid helps a lot!  (and its safe, got the ok from my doc)

JamesonsMa1209
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM

i had it with my son, but nothing compares to how bad it is now. It's gotten to the point where it feels like a hole is being burnt into my chest, nothing is really working for me...

MonicasMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I didnt have it with my daughter, but I do this time with Brandon. The ONLY thing that I have found that helps is Mylanta, the liquid not the tablets. It tastes bad at first but you get used to it and it helps. Between doses of Mylanta I use Tums, though they dont help as much! Good luck!

lil_bit531
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM

i just got the TUMS smoothies yesterday and they work great! i've been getting this really bad burn that goes up my throat. the TUMS & zantac work good.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

Acid indigestion like heartburn?

TUMS smoothies

lvebug

when I was pregnant I had heartburn so bad that I would be sick from it. I took a prescription medicine called aciphex. It's safe, you can also take zantac but that didn't work for me. Other than that it' only tums or rolaids, my ob said no maalox or mylanta because of the main ingredient in it.

elismom122003

I had this really bad with my son. I don't think it ever got better because I would not stop eating spicy food and way too much whenI did. Lol. Rolaids helped some though and just eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day should help.

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)