Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not effing fair at all

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM
  • 44 Replies

Well here I am still pregnant its beyond crap.My grandpa is very ill with cancer and is probably not going to make it thru the night and he really wanted  to see the baby before he died.Well it doesnt look like he will get that chance now because the baby is late.My biggest fear is going into labor when he passes or the date of the funeral.I feel mixed emotions of anger and hurt beyond words.He asked for the passed two weeks about the baby and wanted to meet the baby or at least see a photo but NOPE we were both denied this it seems.I was due jan 25th.Sorry for the rant I needed to get it off my chest some how some way.I have been stressed about the baby not being here yet and even posted about it.But didnt give much of the details as to why it was so bothersome.Hopefully now some of you better understand.Thanks Ladies.

Well I wanted to go the natural route but now I dont know how I feel..Doc wants me to go get induced tues.I so wanted a natural birth but because of the circumstances I beleive I will go along with the induction.My grandpa lives 2 hrs away so him seeing the baby now doesnt look all that good.Also I dont want his suffering to be prolonged I just wish the baby could had been born sooner so him at least seeing a photo, video or anything would had been possible.

Update

My grandpa sadly passed away at 4:20 am last night....

:(

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I just wanted to say I am sorry and I hope you get your little one soon. HUGS

bevino
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I am sorry to hear that your grandfather is not doing well and I pray he will make it through long enough to see his great grandchild.

My grandfather passed away 2 months after my daughter was born. She was the first great grandchild and he never had the chance to meet her because we lived so far away. I pray that doesn't happen with you!

Nevvermore
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this, especially now. Please take care.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

ProudMami2008
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I am sorry. But you know he will see the baby even if he has passed.

nici3
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I know this is no where near your situation, but I went in on the 4th because I had to get tested to see if I was leaking. DH and I were talking and I realized that the next day was my late grandfathers birthday. I was going insane because I didnt want my DS to be born on his birthday. Turns out he was and I still dont know how to feel about it. Everyone tells me to be happy but all I can be is sad.

I hope you have a good support system. All I had was DH. Best of luck to you and your grandfather.

mommytwins83
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM

i know how that feels...my grandma just passed january 23... i am pregnant now 26wks .. iknow she really wanted to meet her and i wanted her to meet her so bad.. my baby is going to be a girl and named after her.. my grandma was doing bad at thanksgiving then got better.. then got bad again..but this time they wouldnt take her into the hospital cause she has an dnr and living will.. she fought with parkisons for so long..and back in august this year...but just remember if something happens to ur grandfather he will be looking down and watching you and your baby ... like i know my grandma will be watching over me the rest of this pregnancy and delivery and all.. i know it will be hard on me when i go to deliver her and when i first see my baby, cause how bad i wanted my grandma to see her especially when she is named after her and me and my grandma were real close..

hotmomof5plus1onthewaykissing

jackieb2811
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I know how you feel I was my paps baby grand daughter an I always figured he would see me be able to be a mom ( bc mine sucked an I always told him I was gonna be a good one) But he passed away from cancer also but it was before I got to tell him I got pregnant soon after he passed same month he passed I got prenant I then found out that following march it was twins I was so devestated but I took it as a sign from him that he was there in spirit an heart an that he knew so well I would be a good mom that he an god blessed me with two!! I will pray your pap makes it to see your baby....I felt lots of " this is unfair " feelings because my pap got to see my sisters an cousins babies but not mine that mad me so sad.

I am curious why have they not tried to induce you have you tried any remidies to self induce like hot tea with lemon or honey or hot stuff or something I cant believe docs are letting you go this long!

MrsBentine
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Thanks ladies for all your support. I just so wanted this to be a happier time....

OliviasMommy513
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this now. Hopefully your grandfather can hold out a little bit longer so he can see your baby or at least a picture. Again I am sorry! 

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

pregnancy
Lizzy3367
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I am so sorry for your situation with your grandfather. I lost my grandmother the day afte my first son's 2nd birthday. She had been sick for a long time but not something we expected her to die from at all, so it was a major shock and still hurts to this day.

But about the induction, maybe you should re-think it. If there is nothing wrong with the baby, why go through with it simply because of a date? What if the induction fails because baby is still not ready and you end up with an unnecessarean? It just seems like that would make your current emotional state even worse. I know it would mean a lot to have the chance for your grandfather to see the baby before he goes home, but I'm sure he wouldn't you to put yourself in harms way just to make him happy. Don't worry honey, your grandfather WILL see that baby, whether he stays or goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)