Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I have this Really good friend that had an abortion before I got pregnant, which was just about 6 months ago.. I kind of feel weird sharing info about my pregnancy with her.. It's normal for me to talk about preggo stuff, being that's like the big thing goin on in my life.. But i guess i just have mixed feelings about her decision, and then letting her in on the personal exciting details of my experience.. Any insights?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bevino
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:00 PM

My best friend had an abortion right before I found out I was pregnant with my son. I know how hard it is to be excited about your baby and not talk about him/her. We were both really busy during that time in our lives so we didn't really spend a lot of time together but after my son was born she would come and visit us all the time.

I guess how she is handling the abortion will really make the difference in how comfortable or really uncomfortable she is with you talking about your baby. Everyone is different so there really is no way to know how she feels about. Good luck to you and I hope this doesn't affect your friendship!

Beth83291
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Thanks for the input =)

SaturnsMom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Maybe you should just aske her how she feels about it.  Just because she knew that having a baby in her life wasnt the right thing doesnt mean she wont be happy and excited for you.

I would just talk to her about it and get her input on how she feels and if she is totally excited for you then you guys can be best gal pals again and if she seems a little lackluster about the whole thing then maybe you will know much to gush when shes around

By all means though dont downplay your pregnancy just cuz shes around this is an exciting thing you are going through and she needs to understand  that no matter hwo she feels about her own reproductive health

pregnancy week by week

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)