Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
I just found out today that I have placenta previa.  I had my routine OB check-up today and had asked my Dr. about the cists that I had on my previous ultrasound.  He went and got my results page and found that I have complete placenta previa.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on this situation.  I just want to hear some personal experiences from people who have been through it.  I've read about it and plan to read more but I would much rather hear about other people's personal experiences.  I'm a little nervous about the situation.  My Dr. is hoping that it will move back up where it belongs before my due date which is 12/15/07.  Thank you to all who reply.  God Bless us all.
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:14 PM
I've never had it, at least that I know of, but then again I don't really do ultrasounds so who knows. :P

I have been a doula for over 200 births, though, and I've seen it a fair amount of times.

It's very common for the placenta to migrate to a more favorable postion through pregnancy, especially at this stage for you.

If it doesn't it's not the end of the world and your baby will very likely be just fine. :) You will just have to have a c section. If it were me, I would just relax and stay healthy and then check again closer to the due date. If your still complete at 36 weeks ish, well, then worry about your c section. But it's not a death sentence by any guys will be ok!
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM
I had it with my first! But, the placenta moved before my due date! I also had it again in this pregnancy but, it is only slightly in the way now.. so I am hoping it moves!   Good Luck!
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM
I had a previa with my third and it did move out of the way by 36 weeks when we had another ultrasound to see if we would need to schedule a C section. It can cause bleeding because of the baby's weight on the placenta and if it does you may be put on bed rest. That's fairly rare. My midwife said that with early pregnancy previas, 75% of the time it moves out of the way, and very few of the other 25% of the time does it lead to bed rest. It is extremely rare for it to be dangerous for mom and baby as long as you have the C section. You and baby will both be fine.
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM
I also have placenta previa.Its not anything too much to worry about or at least thats what my doctor told 32 weeks and the placenta still hasnt went up
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 8:20 PM
These days its not to much to worry about dont get me wrong some can be dangerous but usually end up ok....not lifting carring or pushing stuff is a plus...but im sure everything will be fine we have docters who are so familure with this situation now. Lots of healthy babys were in this condition afterall i was placenta previa with my mom im now having kids of my own and i was born in the 80s and they could do stuff for it then so i wouldnt worry its a common thing now definatly try not stress thats never good.  Good Luck! Im sure it will all be just fine!!!
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 11:40 PM
I am due 12/18/07 and I have the same thing. My DR just said that I have to come back in at 28 weeks and have another ultra sound and if the placents hasn't moved they will most likely put me on best rest to avoid going into early labor or having bleeding which can occur. But she said most of the time it moves back to where it should be. i am more concerned with my baby being breech. i really don't want to have a C-section. I would just talk to your DR about your concerns every DR is didfferant and they all do differant things. I hope this is helpfull!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)