Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone's husband in iraq and are you expecting?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
Im so sad cuz my husband missed my last birth cuz he was in iraq and hes going to miss this one cuz hes going back. Im due oct. 7th and hes due to ship out late august early september. is any one else going through this problem or am i the only one?Cry
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jerri
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM
i am not going through this but i had to say, i am proud and have a lot of respect for all that you guys give up for us! i am sorry you are doing it alone, i am sure all of us girls will be here for you to lean on! best wishes and god bless
SexyCocoaMama
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 5:19 PM
My husband is in Iraq right now.  We are both in the military and we went deployed the first time together, i got pregnant when we went on mid-tour leave, so he missed the first 6-7 months of my pregnancy but i was just grateful he was there for the actual birth since his deployment ended 3 months before i delivered. He deployed jan 15th and I'm due may 29th, so his unit is trying to schedule his mid-tour leave so that he can be hom ein time for the birth, but i'm worried that i might have the baby before he gets here, i might not after the baby until after he returns back to Iraq.  It's really hard going through a pregnancy alone, and it's really hard going through it twice.  Trust me you aren't the only one.
im_that_gurl511
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 5:20 PM
Im not in your shoes at this moment, but Ive done it 3 times by my self. Thank god he gets to be home for this one because its our last. He came home from Iraq 2 days after my 10 month old was born. I know it sucks girl but be strong it has its positive side too. Believe it or not I actually posted something opposite from you, after delivering 3 children solely by myself I was scared to have someone else there. I didnt know if he would look at me different, piss me off, or worse me piss him off lol. Everytime I did it alone I was upset but now that hes here Im streesed out lol. If you want someone to talk to Im here for ya. Been there before and I know how lonely it can be.
lyndonsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 5:26 PM
Well I am sorta in the same boat.  My husband is in Iraq, he left 9 days after I delivered her.  He came home on RnR and we got pregnant again and I am due Oct. 28  We don't know if he will be home or not they are talking about extensions right now.  I do understand how you feel, it sucks to feel like your all alone.  I know when we got pregnant we were so excited that this is something we get to do together and we get to be parents and then he was gone.  He will be deploying again shortly after he gets home so I will be on my own again!  If you need to talk let me know!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)