• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heartbeat and gender?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

i know its an old wives tale but it seems alot of times it is accurate. i just am curious to know if any of you mommas have had a baby that had the "boy" heartbeat but ended up with a girl!!

boy is supposedly below 140 bpm

girl is higher than that.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virgobaby1978
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I haven't personally I have only had 1 boy and 5 girls and waiting to find out what this one is. But I asked my midwife about it and he said he has delivered boys with high heart rates. I will say I hope he is right because mine was 157.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

sofia-ao
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:36 AM

The reason it is accurate a lot of the time is because you can randomly guess the gender of a baby and you will be correct about half of the time.

My baby's heart rate was below 140 my whole pregnancy, and I had a girl. At least one actual medical study has been done to confirm the legitimacy of this old wives' tale - thousands of babies were included. Heart rate of fetus is NOT an indicator of gender.

babydsmommy18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM

My Sons heart rate was always in the 150's... So No i dont think the heart rate has anything to do with it..LOL

787BabyMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:53 AM

I always have had girl heartbeats and had girls.

My BF always had girl heartbeats and had boys.

50/50 shot at being right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)