• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time's almost up....feeling nervous and unprepared

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is my 3rd pregnancy and even though I am so excited to meet our new little one I am a lot more nervous about having this one. I feel so unprepared and I keep wondering, what in the world was I thinking 7 1/2 months ago when we talked about having another baby. Does anybody else feel this way too? I feel that I will not be able to care for my 3 children because its really hard caring for just 2. What am I going to do with 3?

easter egg I'm due Easter Sunday...only 2 months away.  holding easter egg

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Zacharoos_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Ya know..I know how your feeling...I'm on my second...and wonder if I can handle another one...and what we were thinking having ours only 2 years apart....but then I remember that I can handle anything that I set my mind to. Also, we probably feel this way now...but when we hold our little ones in our arms...none of that is going to matter anymore. I'm sure everything will be fine....Good Luck to you!:)bump

earthmama727
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Well, it's only my first, but I still feel a bit unprepared... I just started clearing out the baby room (it's been used for storage up to now...) and when I was about 5 months along my husband got a letter at work saying he may get laid off the day before my due date... Not to mention our water heater exploded and ruined our floors, and while we're waiting for the homeowners insurance to go through, we seem to have a leak in the bathroom springing... Just when you think it's moving along smoothly, life starts happening!  But I'm sure it will all come together in time... It just kinda has to...

Mommy2BeNBaby2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:53 AM

I am feeling the same way... 5 days until my due date and I have'nt had the energy to do anything to prepare for the baby, I felt so overwhelmed as I was trying to clean last night. My daughter was throwing a tantrum at bedtime, the house was a mess, I hadn't eaten yet, my husband always disappears to the PC when he comes home from work and then when my daughter goes to bed and I have a chance to get something done he gets mad that I'm not spending time with him. So finally at 8:30 last night I got in a hot shower and just cried my eyes out. Sometimes you just need to. And I found out why I have no energy, my dr called and told me my iron is low again. So I'm back on iron pills and hopefully it will help my mood and give me some energy again. But I totally understand where you're coming from. My husband got in the shower last night and said, "You don't want another baby, do you?" and I said, "Yes of course I do!" Then he proceeded to ask if I wanted him, and if I wanted our daughter. I felt horrible that he felt that way. All I want is some help! I can't bend at the waist or stand for 10 minutes together! Just help me! lol Anyhow, I'm venting now... lol

I am a 24 year old wife to a hard worker hubby, a mom to a one-year-old princess, and due for #2 anytime now! I vaccinate and breast and bottle feed. I am pro-life and the mother of a child with torticollis. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, HPV, clinical depression and Placental Abruption. I am a survivor of domestic abuse and rape. I am a stay at home mom, and AVON representative, going back to school to pursue my Education degree. I have made many mistakes, but they have all led me to where I am today, and I would not change a thing!

SusanReeves
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Heck I am only 6 weeks and I am already wondering what I am going to do with a 3rd child around our house.  I homeschool and my emotions have been off the chart lately so I am so scared that I will not get anything done. I am tired all the time that I don't even have the energy to get the house cleaned up.  I try to do a little each day but with a 9 year old and a 3 year old I am losing my mind.   THEN I LOOK ACROSS THE STREET AT MY FRIEND AND NEIGHBOR AND KNOW THAT IF SHE CAN DO IT SO CAN I.  She already had a 5yr and a 3yr and now has 8 week old twins. So if she can get it all done then I can too.  So keep your chin up.

pregnancy calendar

Wife to Jason, Mother and Homeschool Teacher to Cristian(9) and Matthew(3)

fsuandi7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I'm getting nervous too. I am having my baby on the 18th so I've got a whole 5 days! Its just not setting in...I have a 2 yr old and I am scared that things aren't going to go as I have pictured them. I don't want her to feel like she is being replaced or anything like that. Not only do i have this going on but it is coming up on the 1 yr anniversary of our son whom, i delivered stillborn. things are going to be rough here for awhile. thank God hubby will be home with me for week or 2. things will be good though, choatic but good

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I feel that way too sometimes! I just get nervous and think WHY did I have to go and change our nice little family of 3. But then I remember how nervous i was before our son was born and how I wouldnt change him for the world. Its a scary thing no matter how many kids you have but its all worth it! I went through a week about a month ago just feeling totally not ready for this and not ready to do the baby thing again. Now I am back to be excited and can't WAIT for her to get here! I am due in 10 days...and im finally ready! (well today anyways...who knows about tomorrow!)

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)