• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those who have had their tubes tied

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

I got my tubes tied about 6 weeks ago. I haven't had any pain at all up until now. I am a few days away from my period and I'm having this severe pain on the lower right part of my abdomen. I didn't experience it with my last period, even though it was a couple of weeks after my tubal. Has anyone experienced this and did it turn out to be nothing. I'm going to call my gynocologist tomorrow just to make sure it's normal.

Thanks ladies!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I would call because it is just on one side.  It is not unheard of to have ectopic pregnancies shortly after a tubal and you don't want that.  It could also be a cyst or something.  Call and have it checked.  GL

pregnancy week by week
babies
lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Quoting sylviapike26:

I would call because it is just on one side.  It is not unheard of to have ectopic pregnancies shortly after a tubal and you don't want that.  It could also be a cyst or something.  Call and have it checked.  GL

Wow, I didn't even think of an ectopic pregnancy. Hopefully that's not it though! I'd rather have a cyst than that! Thanks for your response!

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

No problem.  I hope it is nothing.  I have heard also that after a tubal your period cramps can be worse than before.  Maybe it is just that, but have it checked out to be safe.  GL

pregnancy week by week
babies
lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Turns out to be a leaking cyst on my ovary! I'm so glad. Now hopefully the pain will go away!

airbornewife04
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I have had a ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my tube 10/26/2008. Had 2 normal pregnancies before it. Never had my tubes tied and no risk factors for it either but if you start getting real back aches...sharp stabbing pains on one side then get checked out immediately. We didnt find out we were pregnant til 10/08/2008 after 4 blood tests even tho I knew early on I was pg. A week later starting cramping that sat and then started bleeding and thats when it wasnt in the tube and a week later my tube ruptured and I lost a liter of blood and lost my left tube.

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Oh good.  I am glad it was nothing serious.

Quoting lakens_mommy:

Turns out to be a leaking cyst on my ovary! I'm so glad. Now hopefully the pain will go away!

pregnancy week by week
babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)